Coppin State

LoyalZIP

Rowdy, Jimond is not a true freshman. He sat out last year.

So, I hold him to a little higher standard than a true freshman because he's been learning and practicing for a year now, and he's a year older than most freshman. I think it's valid (and I agree) that we need to start seeing a little more of his basketball skill to go along with that athletic ability. I hope it happens.

And I will agree with those who believe that many people on this board act way too quickly to extol the virtues of someone who's never played, or has played little college basketball. Catching lightning in a bottle doesn't happen very often for this program.

Edited by skip-zip

In game situations, the guy is a true freshman. I get that eligibility-wise he's technically not. The kid has played a few games in the first year of his D-1 career, in addition to sitting out a couple that with a knee that may or may not be fully healed. He adds something to the team along the lines of Deji as in his senior year. It's way too early to be calling kids "wastes of a scholarship." He'll be fine, but I'll agree I hope he doesn't take until his sr year to develop to his whole potential like Deji (or, another comparative, Jimmy Conyers).

Rowdy, Jimond is not a true freshman. He sat out last year.

So, I hold him to a little higher standard than a true freshman because he's been learning and practicing for a year now, and he's a year older than most freshman. I think it's valid (and I agree) that we need to start seeing a little more of his basketball skill to go along with that athletic ability. I hope it happens.

And I will agree with those who believe that many people on this board act way too quickly to extol the virtues of someone who's never played, or has played little college basketball. Catching lightning in a bottle doesn't happen very often for this program.

Ivey did not practice with the team last year. He was an academic non-qualifier and could only participate in limited activities such as working with the trainers lifting weights etc. He was not allowed to even be in the gym when the team practiced.