South Point Classic, Las Vegas

GJGood

Morris, you need to #ThinkBigger

Morris is already #Think(ing)Bigger. He's just wanting the Zips to #PerformBigger as all of us would like. Regardless, I still enjoy Zips Men's Basketball and am looking forward to supporting them in Vegas as well as at home.

GO ZIPS!

• Like 2

Looking at the tournament schedule, it looks like we got the advantage of not having to play back-to-back days. We play UCSB on Monday, on Tuesday its UCSB vs Iona, and then on Wednesday we play Iona. Strange that its only one game a day.

Well its only those three teams so theyre not gonna make anyone play doubleheaders

It's a pretty low budget tournament which explains there are no big name teams. Are the games even televised? It appears that team out east got into the more prestigious of the 2 basketball tournaments taking place in Vegas that weekend.

Complete speculation - Maybe part of getting Noah to come to Akron was a guarantee that the Zips would travel to Vegas and give him a home game? UNC does stuff like this.

And if your out west, why not play 2 games instead of one?

Edited by Captain Kangaroo

I get to watch Zips Men's Basketball and enjoy Las Vegas. With some advanced planning, relatively inexpensive trip with non-stop flights. It's a GOOD thing, not to be questioned. Some very nice scheduling in my opinion. Go Zips!

• Like 1

Looking at the tournament schedule, it looks like we got the advantage of not having to play back-to-back days. We play UCSB on Monday, on Tuesday its UCSB vs Iona, and then on Wednesday we play Iona. Strange that its only one game a day.

Not sure how this qualifies as being called a "tournament". There needs to be more real non-conference tournaments that include mid-majors, especially since Bracketbusters met its demise.

If this is the same place as Wikipedia has listed, why could they not seen if the Thomas and Mack Center was available?

Complete speculation - Maybe part of getting Noah to come to Akron was a guarantee that the Zips would travel to Vegas and give him a home game? UNC does stuff like this.

And if your out west, why not play 2 games instead of one?

If Noah's homecoming was a factor in this year's schedule then I wonder if the Zips will be traveling to the Houston area in a future season or two?