Lipscomb

I like Big Dog, but comparing him to Zeke is unfair. Zeke contributed offensively, but where he truly shined was defensively and in particular shot blocking.

Unfair? If it's unfair to compare the performance and growth of guys playing the same position, for the same school, in the same conference...what would be fair?

I would like to compare MAC championships won during their 4-year careers, and also NCAA tourney games won. Hope Big Dog makes that an interesting comparison.

• Like 1

I'm just saying I can't see Big Dog becoming as good at Zeke. Even if he was to become as good or slightly better than Zeke offensively, he is nowhere close to being the same player defensively. You must keep in mind his numbers are padded by the weak OOC schedule up to this point and the big minutes he has been getting of late from the Zips being short handed. If he keeps up the production in conference play, I'll be singing a different tune.

I like the way Big Dog has played so far and you can look back in this thread and see that I said at halftime that we need to feed him the ball. I'm just asking for a larger sample size.

Big dogs numbers actually back up his breakout quite well...he averages the second most points per 40 min. on the team, behind only pat, and that's while taking a lot fewer shots than pat. He's got the highest efficiency rating on the team and he gets to the line far more than anyone else, something that we as a team seem to struggle with.

In the past we always had problems with spacing when we have our 2 big guys in at the same time. I think Big Dog has done so well when Pat is out because nobody is in the lane except him and he is surrounded by perimeter shooters who are making their 3 point shots. We are ranked 33rd in the country in 3 point shooting percentage! Everyone is shooting over 30% except Kwan and Ivey. Last year we were ranked 126. That is a big leap.

Pat and Big Dog are both post up players. In the past when we play two post up players it makes it easy to double team and it clogs the middle. That is why Kwan is always at the foul line or at the 3 point line when he is at the 4 spot. It will be interesting to see how much they play together and I think it depends on how well the other forwards are playing on whether they play together.

• Like 2

Time to end all the BS about "cupcakes".

Youngstown State just upset Oakland 100-98.

You remember Oakland. The Golden Grizzlies scared the living dodo out of

all number one ranked Michigan State Spartans by taking Izzo's boys into overtime

before losing on national TV.

Those same cupcakes just lost AT HOME to another cupcake, Youngstown State.

There are no cupcakes.

Are you seriously trying to make a point by selectively looking at a couple of games? Or, have you been :CK_brew:

Remember, In 2014 Akron beat Pitt in football, who beat Virginia Tech, who beat OSWho. I'm wondering why we don't have a National Championship trophy. We know that logic makes no sense.

I don't think anyone here would define YSU or Oakland as a Cupcake. But, there's darn near 400 teams playing D-1 basketball. There's plenty of Cupcakes, and always will be.

• Like 2

During the game I could tell that KD was upset with the shot selection of Antino and I think he wanted the ball to go to big dog. When you look at the stats, Antino has taken 147 shots this year and is shooting far more than anyone else. (Kwan and Pat are second with 97). He is shooting 34% which is 6th best on the team. He needs to get the ball into our post players who are shooting over 50% or to our 3 point shooters who are shooting over 40%. (Robotham, Kretzer and Reggie). Hopefully, he can find his shot but right now he needs to be an assist man. He played so well at the end of last year I thought he would be shooting about 40% this year.

all number one ranked Michigan State Spartans by taking Izzo's boys into overtime

There are no cupcakes.

Let me guess, you also have some nice beach front property at Summit Lake you want to sell me too?

There are no cupcakes.

Dear Gozips,

You are one of the smartest and most knowledgeable people on this board and you know that all our OOC home schedule IS made of cupcakes. You just are too loyal of a friend and you are willing to say any thing to avoid admitting that your friend does a bad job with scheduling.