Zips Gear

GV Art + Design will be unvieling some new Zips gear next week as part of their College Collection.

I own about 10 of their Cleveland shirts and they are all very comfortable. Even though they were a little late getting around to UA, I'm glad to see local companies doing stuff like this. Not just focusing all their attention on the school in Columbus.

CYIf991VAAA3JU8.jpg

Edited by akzipper

Thanks for sharing. I like their designs. Surprised I have not heard of them before. What's your opinion on quality/fit?

All of the shirts I have are very soft and print quality is flawless. Sometimes I get annoyed when screen printed shirts start to fade or crack. But, I've worn shirts from GV for the past 2 years and they are all still in near perfect condition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
9 minutes ago, ZachTheZip said:

Here is the Zips Club Hockey team's website. I've been to a few games in the past, and they were selling game worn Zips hockey jerseys at some of them. I regret not getting one.

Thanks Zach.  That's very helpful.  I've also wanted one of those for a long time, and had never checked into how to get one.  

On 10/12/2016 at 9:08 AM, Hilltopper said:

Horrible. Why can't we simply buy  polos with our choice of the ARoo or Z and "Akron Soccer", "Akron Basketball"...etc. or a current jersey for our Zips sport of choice?

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 2

On 10/16/2016 at 9:25 PM, Zip_ME87 said:

Horrible. Why can't we simply buy  polos with our choice of the ARoo or Z and "Akron Soccer", "Akron Basketball"...etc. or a current jersey for our Zips sport of choice?

CustomU will make any polo, with any embroidery you want.  I can't seem to find the thread...but I remember Keener (K92) bringing it to our attention.  You can also bring them the polo that you bought and have them add the embroidery to it. 

54 minutes ago, Balsy said:

CustomU will make any polo, with any embroidery you want.  I can't seem to find the thread...but I remember Keener (K92) bringing it to our attention.  You can also bring them the polo that you bought and have them add the embroidery to it. 

Where is CustomU...brick and mortar or online? I love how everyone makes light of this because "there is some place in Akron you can go to get something custom". Not all of us live/work in Akron.  Point is that UA sports merchandising leaves a lot to be desired (along with marketing). A D1 school should have jerseys and customized apparel readily available. One of the best marketing tools is the apparel that students, alumni, and fans wear and giving them the apparel they want should be very high priority.

1 hour ago, Zip_ME87 said:

Not all of us live/work in Akron.

Find one near you. Just about any embroidery shop can do what you like. Just ask. If they don't already have the logo in the proper file format, most will make you one for around $40. Ask for a sample. They will give you one on backing. Also ask about the stitch count. You want more thread so the embroidery doesn't look loose. 

On 10/13/2016 at 5:37 AM, Balsy said:

Does anyone know where if we can find sideline jackets similar to what Bowden has been wearing at the press conferences?  If they sold those I'd like to get me one of those...

I don't know about the jackets but the bookstore in the Student Union has the Adidas "Fear The Roo" shirts and hoodies that the players wear on the sidelines.

• 9 months later...