1-15-2016 @ Toledo

zipsrule

Toledo is down, no doubt about it, If there was a time to go into Savage and steal a win then this is the time. Both teams need this one, probably them more than us, but this one is important. Like others here, I'd love to see some zone and here is why. Boothe has big time range from the floor. When he steps out, if we are in man defense, we have to honor his jump shot, This opens up the middle even more for penetrating guards..

Edited by The Hip Zip

I am sure that every team we face will try to duplicate the Central Michigan game and attempt to dribble drive into the paint. It will be interesting to see what KD does to combat this problem and whether we will see an Akron zone.

I think the reason we are struggling this year has more to do with a change in players than anything else. Last year Nyles Evans was probably our best defender even though he struggled offensively. Deji was a very good defensive player and Robotham lead our team in steals. Unfortunately, Robotham is coming off surgery and is still struggling to get back to his defensive form. I wonder if we will see more Aron Jackson and Jimond who are a little more athletic and hopefully may be able to prevent the dribble drive. With a good defensive effort we can bring home a win. Go Zips!

Hi guys, Long time since I posted here. Was channel surfing and happy to come across the game. Been a while since I saw your guys play, at first glance don't appear to be shooting the 3'same as well as the nova game and going inside a lot more. Seems like toledo is up for this game and needs it more. Everybody healthy?

That was a pathetic first half of basketball.

Kwan is shooting below 30% from 3-point land, yet he continues to hoist at a rate that would make Joe Jakubik blush. On defense, he's a statue. And he has plenty of company in that category.

Terrible offensive movement. No one crashing the boards. That's a big-time trend.

If this is what leading the league in 3-point defense gets you, time to bag it. It's as worthless a stat as free throw defense.

Dambrot's voice better be peeling the paint off the walls at halftime.

It's almost like playing a bunch of bottom feeders didn't get us ready for tough conference games

I don't even think that's the problem. We've been talking about Akron having these same problems for weeks now. They are just magnified because of the stiffer competition and the fact the Zips are having an uncharactically horrible night from 3.

I don't even think that's the problem. We've been talking about Akron having these same problems for weeks now. They are just magnified because of the stiffer competition and the fact the Zips are having an uncharactically horrible night from 3.

I think if KD lost a couple games out of conference he'd have it straightened out by now. Just as I'm sure he will in a few games... Wish it didn't take until now to realize it's a problem