Zips vs. Northern Illinois

4 hours ago, The Hip Zip said:

Curious as to what you now think after watching them. As for me, I've been a believer and maybe even a bigger believer now

I think they are a very big and physical basketball team, which is what is probably carrying them right now.  They found their niche to compete in the league, and they are going with it.  And they have a little more talent than they've had in the past.  We'll see where they go from here.  I do think they are going to do much better than in the past, but I'll still be shocked in the end if they make a serious title run.  But as we all know, anything can happen in the MAC tournament. 

Certainly are some bugs. We are waiting a couple days, because some of the problems seem to be "self healing." Starting Monday, whatever problems still exist will be corrected.

For those of you who don't know how this works - most of the problems require us to submit a "ticket" to Invision to get the problem fixed. Most are not correctable on our own. 

We will get everything fixed soon enough.

Until then - This thread is brought to you by Keener Auctions.

KD's technical made that game go from a "What a freaking waste of a Tuesday" to "Man, I had a lot of fun Tuesday!"

The ref's BS Whistlemania™ absolutely sucked the life out of the building. After he blew a fuse, the place was electric. Like an OU or K.e.n.t. game. 

Big Dog is really playing tough, hard-nosed basketball right now. I love it! No one can match up with him when he's aggressive.

I love that some of the formerly-lesser MAC programs are now giving us a run for our money. It makes for a much more entertaining evening. The 4-game Thursday in the MAC Tournament will be awesome once again!:thumb:

I hate that the Zips are jerking the schedule around to get on CBS Ocho television. Fridays conflict with HS basketball...and this upcoming week, the Cavs / Celtics game. You go through a lot of effort to clear your schedule to attend games, and UA moves the weekend dates. Move weekday games, but not the weekend ones.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

Fans want KD to get technical fouls to fire up the crowd, but call Hurley names when he does it. :wacko:

You're not even in the same Solar System on this one.

Zips fans got on Hurley because he spent 40 minutes a game crying about every call, jumping out on the floor, "interacting" with opposing players, shouting at the fans behind his bench, etc.

Keith had only his 2nd technical the entire season.  And he actually recently went YEARS without a single technical called against him. 

Nobody here wants to see Keith turn into Hurley.  And I think we are all exaggerating a bit about the "get a technical every game" thing.  But, this one was very timely and very beneficial. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

Nobody here wants to see Keith turn into Hurley.  And I think we are all exaggerating a bit about the "get a technical every game" thing.  But, this one was very timely and very beneficial. 

Yeah...why would anyone want their Coach to be coveted by a school like Arizona State?

Hurley was great for the MAC. An entertaining, great coach. It sucks that he's gone.

I don't want to see KD get a technical in every game. It makes no sense to get T'd up against Malone. But the tight MAC home games...the times when he's getting jerked-around by the refs at home...he needs to blow more fuses. That seems to be the only way to get the blue hairs to shake their canes, and the millennials to look up from their phones.

I find it a little humorous that anyone here is even talking about how they'd possibly want a guy of Hurley's character who left the conference after a couple of years, as a substitute for the loyal guy with character, who's been to the Final 4 or better for 9 straight years, has been in 7 title games, and has won 3 championships. 

I think everyone here knows that Hurley being coveted by larger programs, as opposed to Keith, has everything to do with age.  Northing more. 

When I think of people who I'd want to run the Zips program, plenty of people surely come to mind, of course.  But, Hurley is not even a thought.