Site Update & Upgrade Information

The site has been updated. This will add features, and also make it more immune to SPAM and viruses. 

While usable now, there are a lot of background things still running. Some features will not up-and-running for a few hours.

Skins (colors, logos) need to be re-done. Some work remains. Thanks for bearing with us.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

I tried to post a picture using a url link and nothing happened after I hit the finished  button.

I did the above one with the url link. You can paste the link directly into the post also. I did get an error once, so something is amiss. Make sure your image is in the proper format as the feature suggests. 

There is also a new (very nice) feature where you can directly drag your image into the post where it reads "Drag files here.."

Edited by Dr Z

ZW - This may be a design or coding error.  I hoping it may be a user option/choice you can change in a user control table.  

I use the "unread" option every time I get on the site.  In the previous version of ZN.O if you clicked on the title of the thread it took you to the last entry of the thread.  It now takes you to the first page of the  thread. Kind of a useless link since I am requesting the link from the "unread" page.  Only clicking on the timer at the bottom left of the entry gets you to the actual posting.  

Thanks for updating the site and being the administrator.  I enjoy talking about Zips basketball with other fans.  With the new change in the web site my name changed from 1981 grad to Phil.  When you have the chance I would like to return to 1981 grad.  I tried to make the change with no success.

Thanks,

Phi,l aka 1981 grad.

23 minutes ago, phil said:

Thanks for updating the site and being the administrator.  I enjoy talking about Zips basketball with other fans.  With the new change in the web site my name changed from 1981 grad to Phil.  When you have the chance I would like to return to 1981 grad.  I tried to make the change with no success.

I filled out a ticket with the name changing issue this morning. If they are not able to fix it by Monday, we can manually start to change names by request. Please continue to post any other issues you guys may have. I cleared out the cache this morning hoping to address some known issues. 

This will take some getting used to, but I think it's again an upgrade over what we had last time.  Things Captain and all those who make this possible!  

Sidenote:  Has anyone been screenshotting the homepage over the years of ZN.O?  It'd be cool to one day look back and see all the different faces of ZNO over the years.

Thank you Moderators for investing the resources and the effort to maintain this forum.

This is not an issue with the board but since I have not lived in Ada since 3 years and I now live in Valpo, would it be possible to change my screen name from Ada Zip to Valpo Zip?

Thank you again.

On January 29, 2016 at 9:28 AM, phil said:

With the new change in the web site my name changed from 1981 grad to Phil.  When you have the chance I would like to return to 1981 grad.  I tried to make the change with no success.

There are two accounts, one for phil, and one for 1981 grad. You might be signing in to the wrong one. Let us know. 

OK, so it turns out that pasting a twitter URL directly into the comment box (which it automatically turns into a graphic of the tweet) is what causes the error. When I create a regular link out of the URL instead, I can post fine.

Also, thanks for the name change.

Edited by ZachTheZip

13 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

How do I insert a YouTube video?

You should just be able to paste it in, but members are getting a "Forbidden" error as of right now. This could be a server side issue, we are checking into it. For now you can use the "link" feature. I will update when the issue has been addressed. Thanks for your patience. 

BTW There are many ways to view the new site, as we all get used to navigating around, here is my favorite way to start viewing 

http://zipsnation.org/forums/discover/