Adam Najem

found these on twitter...

Fabril are currently playing a friendly game Vs. Segunda B club Racing Ferrol. Pletikosa and USA midfielder Adam Najem are part of the team.

2 retweets 0 likes

Najem is a 21-year-old attacking midfielder currently on trial at Depor B.

Embedded image permalink

I certainly don't know much about international soccer teams and I am not sure what it means to be on trial at Depor B.  That being said, the international team would get a highly skilled, tenacious competitor and a super smart, nice young man if they sign Adam.    I know that Adam and the other Akron star players have dreamed of pro soccer for their entire lives.   Adam has done so much for Akron soccer during his 3 years at Akron that I hope that he gets to realize his dream and receives a very nice contract from this team.    Adam has been a great student and has always conducted himself with class on the soccer field and I sincerely wish him the best. Selfishly, as a Zip fan...I would love to see Adam back on Cub Cadet field in the fall so he can complete his degree and lead his friends and teammates to a 2nd star.

ondacerodeporcoruña @ondadeporcoruna 3h3 hours ago

Manu Mosquera, míster @RCDeportivo B en http://www.ondacero.es/emisoras/galicia/coruna/audios-podcast/onda-deportiva-coruna-012016_2016012956ab82f24beb28d54e7a8798.html . Adam Najem no pasa la prueba con Fabril.

View summary
3 retweets 4 likes

Google translation of the last part of this tweet is: Adam Najem fails the test.
I hope he hasn't lost NCAA eligibility in doing this. I'd sure love to see him back in the Fall.

Edit: I should have stated that I'd like to see Adam successfully transition to the professional ranks, but I'm concerned about the approach he is trying. If it doesn't work out, I'd sure love to see him with the Zips in the Fall.

Edited by Zip_ME87

I'm a pretty close follower of La Liga.  The Depo B Fabril plays in the Tercero Division (third division) of Spanish futbol.  They have two Canada full national team players, Ben Fisk and Sam Piette on their roster -- possible they may play on Friday vs Klinsmann's lineup.  I'm guessing the competition is maybe like USL or lower NASL level (or League 2 of English FA).  I tweeted Fisk to see if he knows the whereabouts of Adam.  FYI, A Coruna (La Coruna in Spanish) is capitol of the Spanish state of Galicia, a beautiful seaport city of about 250,000 in the NE corner of Spain and Iberia, north of Portugal.  The Galiza language, spoken by nearly all people there is closer to Portuguese than the Castillian spoken throughout Spain.  If you ever meet anyone with the last name Gallego, you know that their ancestors are from Galicia, as "Gallego" is to Galicia as "American" is to the USA.  Maybe Adam called Bryan Gallego for guidance.

• Like 1

two tweets from top drawer soccer writer Travis Clark.....today

2nd tweet

Not sure of his next step, but obviously looking to turn pro. Question is where.

Travis Clark ‏@travismclark 5h5 hours ago

Lost in the Signing Day shuffle, I've been told that @ZipsMSoc midfielder Adam Najem won't be back for his senior season.

my comments- I would have loved to see Adam back in the fall...but I wish him much success in the pros.  Thank you, Adam for 3 great years as a Zip.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Edit: Just realized you have to subscribe to read the article. Still, I like this one-liner and the picture on twitter. Go Zips! #2ndStar2016

Edited by Zip_ME87

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

Hey Rowdies!

"AN10" makes for a really easy banner.

What about VS8, SH9, BR20, TS19, SG7, DR5, AM17, RD22, SH21, GS25, JP24, EK15, MCaa, ESbb, NHcc, JPdd, AMee, and so on .... ? I guess this is an Adam Najem thread. However, it takes 11 to make a team, and all of them, starters and subs, are important.

• 2 weeks later...

...Akron’s done so much for me,” said Najem. “I feel like there’s things left unfinished. We want to win a national championship for the best fan base in the country”...

...These improvements to Najem’s game are what makes him arguably the best player in college soccer entering the 2016 campaign and a Hermann Trophy award favorite.

Despite all the hype, Najem has remained grounded, “It’s nice to even be mentioned, but I’m not here for individual awards.  I didn’t go to college for individual recognition.  I want a national championship,” stated Najem. ...

...While the future looks bright for Najem, his focus is 100% on the upcoming season and what he can do to help Akron lift the title.  With the plethora of talent from returning players and the incoming freshmen classalong with one of the top coaches in America leading the way, the Zips look poised to make a run.

Zips captain Najem said it the best, “It’s National Championship or bust.”

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, chris said:

3 minutes ago, TennZip said:

Chris, great job....finding that breaking news

here is article from red bull fan site

http://www.onceametro.com/2017/1/23/14354980/rumor-new-york-red-bulls-trade-adam-najem-mls-rights-to-philadelphia-union

I think this is awesome if true. Philly is ~1.5 hours further from Clifton, NJ than is Red Bull Arena (Harrison, NJ) but still relatively close to home for Adam.

BTW, our new transfer, Morgan Hackworth, is in the Union's development system, I believe.

• Like 1