CMU @ Zips — Feb 5 at 8 pm

Dr Z

This game was originally scheduled for Saturday, February 6, has been moved to Friday, February 5 at 8 pm. The game will broadcasted on CBS Sports Network. All tickets for the original date will be honored on Febraury 5. The February 5th game will be Military Appreciation Night with free admission for anyone with a valid military ID. In accordance with Military Appreciation Night, Zips Athletics will be handing out Digital Camo Zips Basketball shirts, while supplies last.

date_change.jpg

CaQ9A7-WEAA1zOH.jpg

The team really needs the fans to come out Friday night and show their support. KD asked me last night to rally the members of Zipsnation and get them out to the game. I challenge everyone to show up and bring a friend. This game is essentially a battle for the #1 seed at the MAC tourney. If we have a great crowd with lots of energy the team will respond. Go Zips!

Edited by Hilltopper
can't spell!
  • Like 1

I don't want to count the chickens before they hatch, but the Zips final stretch run doesn't look as challenging as it did 1-2 weeks ago. 4 of the Zips final games are against BG, who isn't good, and Ken+, who just lost their 3rd leading scorer, best 3 point shooter, and team leader in assists. A big blow for a team that has struggled from long distance even with Pollard. From there we have CMU, NIU, UB, and OU, and MIA. I'm ready to mark MIA down as a win and NIU has looked very exposed after a hot start. Our 3 most challenging games remaining are CMU, UB, and OU. All of which are at home.

I don't expect Akron to run the table, but I feel we are set up nicely for a strong finish.

2 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

The team really needs the fans to come out Friday night and show their support. KD asked me last night to rally the members of Zipsnation and get them out to the game. I challemge everyone to show up and bring a friend. This game is essentially a battle for the #1 seed at the MAC tourney. If we have a great crowd with lots of energy the team will respond. Go Zips!

Thanks to the date change there will be 3 empty seats in my section. Mine. It sucks.

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

I don't want to count the chickens before they hatch, but the Zips final stretch run doesn't look as challenging as it did 1-2 weeks ago. 4 of the Zips final games are against BG, who isn't good, and Ken+, who just lost their 3rd leading scorer, best 3 point shooter, and team leader in assists. A big blow for a team that has struggled from long distance even with Pollard. From there we have CMU, NIU, UB, and OU, and MIA. I'm ready to mark MIA down as a win and NIU has looked very exposed after a hot start. Our 3 most challenging games remaining are CMU, UB, and OU. All of which are at home.

We should never look past Can't, especially on the road. Rivalry games always bring the best out of certain players. Do I think we will lose? No, but I think that should be one of our most challenging games remaining. 

• Like 1

I agree. No matter the state of the teams the Can't games, especially on the road, will be tough.

I had this game marked before the season but with centrals struggles it lost some luster. Now that they seem to have hit a groove, I'm back to thinking this may be our most important game. 

39 minutes ago, tpsjugglerdude said:

We should never look past Can't, especially on the road. Rivalry games always bring the best out of certain players. Do I think we will lose? No, but I think that should be one of our most challenging games remaining. 

It very well could be. I'm not ready to mark down any of these games as a guaranteed "W" besides Miami, who I admit I'm already looking past. Ken+ looks a little lost since they lost Pollard. The game @Ken+ is still 2+ weeks away so they have a chance at righting the ship beforehand. Getting Jaylin Walker back healthy would be a good start for them.

Central Michigan is playing really well right now.  The team had a rough start to the season with Fowler (point guard) out for the first seven games but everyone is healthy now and playing like the team that was picked to win it all.  Akron has always been a tough place for CMU to play and I'm feeling a little nervous about this one even thought CMU won at Mt. Pleasant.  It should be a good one and both teams just might meet again in the MAC tournament.  

58 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

Let's hope the atmosphere is jumping for a national tv audience.

YOU CAN WATCH CBS SPORTS NETWORK ON
DIRECTV CHANNEL 221
TIME WARNER CABLE CHANNEL 322 & 1322(HD)

DISH NETWORK CHANNEL 158 & 158(HD)

Also ATT UVERSE # 1643  Its part of a special sports subscription $10 bucks a month but the first month is free. Can cancel in 30 days and it cost you nothing. Gets all the  nationwide fox sports, and comcast channels as well

58 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

Hit the 12 point spread right on the nose for the OU game so I'll offer this one up to prove that Tuesday's prediction was probably a fluke.

Akron 85

CMU 74

We were the victims of home cooking at their place and as I recall they made 15-20 more FTs than we did. We are going inside more now so I have great confidence for this one. I may be more pumped for this one than I've been in quite a while. Midland Chip is right on, they are playing great ball right now but they have not been the same animal on the road.  Love our chances to firmly assert ourselves as THE team to beat come March.

“My main focus this game is defense,” Cheatham said. “The last game, I was trying to score and we don’t need that. We’ve got other people to score. My main focus is defense.” BrightIdea_smilie.gif  This kind of team first attitude is great to hear.