Top 50 Ranking

akronzips71

8 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Big Dog, Schmig Dog. We should win tomorrow regardless of his ankle.

And in 2015-16, I put less stock in the severity of any publicized player injury than ever before. Either our Trainer has really upped his game this year...or that's more of a smoke screen than ever before.

I agree 100%. I'm less worried about Big Dog's status than I am about Pat catching some garbage foul calls. A couple quick fouls landing him on the bench firmly pushes this one to the probable loss column. Iffy calls against key players are always more of a concern if you're thin at the position and/or on the road. 

4 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

I agree 100%. I'm less worried about Big Dog's status than I am about Pat catching some garbage foul calls. A couple quick fouls landing him on the bench firmly pushes this one to the probable loss column. Iffy calls against key players are always more of a concern if you're thin at the position and/or on the road. 

I think Kwan has done a nice job in the paint recently. He's no Pat or Big Dog, but he's active, 6' 9", and starting to pull in some rebounds. He gets a little more comfortable down low every game, and against NIU I think he'll make an impact. 

Does it surprise anyone else that we've actually moved UP to #39 over the weekend?  I guess when you look at it closely, it was a road loss to a team that's in the Top 100. 

I'm not necessarily thrilled about a system that rewards you for simply playing a team that has a decent ranking, regardless of whether you win or lose.  But hey, that's why so many teams in the "power conferences" keep good standing every year, and have crappy records.

I guess that's the game we have to play.  I think it further supports the idea that upgrading the OOC schedule will help us, regardless of whether it might cost us a couple more losses each year.    

31 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

Does it surprise anyone else that we've actually moved UP to #39 over the weekend?  I guess when you look at it closely, it was a road loss to a team that's in the Top 100. 

I'm not necessarily thrilled about a system that rewards you for simply playing a team that has a decent ranking, regardless of whether you win or lose.  But hey, that's why so many teams in the "power conferences" keep good standing every year, and have crappy records.

I guess that's the game we have to play.  I think it further supports the idea that upgrading the OOC schedule will help us, regardless of whether it might cost us a couple more losses each year.    

The Zips RPI improved because their OOC opponents combined to go 12-4 since February 18th. It also helped that several teams ahead of them lost to teams that are ranked worst than Kent..