Spring Game—Saturday, April 16th

PressCover

6 hours ago, Balsy said:

In this case I don't think so.  That picture shows what looks to be #12 catching a pass.  #12, according to the spring roster, is Michaelee Harris. He's listed as a RS Senior.

Um, yeah.  The pic of player #12's caption says Tyrell Goodman.

5 minutes ago, K92 said:

Um, yeah.  The pic of player #12's caption says Tyrell Goodman.

Yeah...so Tyrell Goodman (#2) is wrong but not Michaelee Harris, which was my point all along; and why I said that in this case it isn't wrong because Michaelee Harris is STILL on the team, which is a good thing.

16 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Very happy to hear that he has been a model citizen and doing well in the classroom. Cannot wait to see him in action.

2 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

Very happy to hear that he has been a model citizen and doing well in the classroom. Cannot wait to see him in action.

And the word I get is that he is KILLING it on the field so far this spring !!!    Freakin ecstatic to hear that JoJo, Jerome and the WR group seems to be the highlight of Spring thus far !!! 

On 4/6/2016 at 0:31 PM, Balsy said:

Michaelee Harris is STILL on the team, which is a good thing.

Before we hold any ticker-tape parades....he's missed the entire 2010, 2012 and 2015 seasons due to catastrophic injuries. Like everyone else, I'm hoping this 7th year senior has an all-MAC season....but Lazarus' storied comeback was against lesser odds.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Before we hold any ticker-tape parades....he's missed the entire 2010, 2012 and 2015 seasons due to catastrophic injuries. Like everyone else, I'm hoping this 7th year senior has an all-MAC season....but Lazarus' storied comeback was against lesser odds.

I don't know why you even bothered posting this, because it's clearly unnecessary; other than the fact that you seem to like to quote my posts and add irrelevant information.  No-one is holding a parade, no-one is saying he's going to be awesome.  But it goes without saying that WR has been an area of concern last year, and Michaelee Harris was a WR we were all interested in seeing play, considering that we had not much to look at going into spring-ball last year.  This effectively makes everything you just posted completely irrelevant to the conversation: that centered around him perhaps not being on the team...of which I pointed out that he is certainly on the team.  

1 hour ago, Balsy said:

I don't know why you even bothered posting this, because it's clearly unnecessary; other than the fact that you seem to like to quote my posts and add irrelevant information.  No-one is holding a parade, no-one is saying he's going to be awesome.  But it goes without saying that WR has been an area of concern last year, and Michaelee Harris was a WR we were all interested in seeing play, considering that we had not much to look at going into spring-ball last year.  This effectively makes everything you just posted completely irrelevant to the conversation: that centered around him perhaps not being on the team...of which I pointed out that he is certainly on the team.  

I certainly hope you don't think that I questioned his being on the team.  I was only pointing out some B-J mistakes in their captioning.

UA Football: Zips seeking big plays in Saturday's scrimmage, seek consistency from new linebackers

http://www.ohio.com/sports/zips/ua-football-zips-seeking-big-plays-in-saturday-s-scrimmage-seek-consistency-from-new-linebackers-1.674835

Meh, article this time.  GT kinda mailed this one in.  There are two quotes from Bowden.

Looks like the starting LB's for the Spring Game may be Ulysees Gilbert III, Brian Bell & John Rachal.

I'm going to bet that our starting LB's come August are Gilbert, Bell & Jamal Davis - Davis is probably gonna take this spring to learn the D, but he should be a difference maker in the MAC.

On April 9, 2016 at 6:28 PM, ZachTheZip said:

Several unheralded players have unexpectedly opened some eyes. With the loss of two standout interior defensive linemen, the Zips needed someone to step up, and junior Darius Copeland has done so, Bowden said.

“He’s making me feel good that we won’t have any drop-off after losing Rodney Coe and Cody Grice,” Bowden said. “He’s playing that position at a very high level. I suspected that he could.”

That's extremely high praise from Bowden & sounds almost too good to be true.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

....junior Darius Copeland has done so, Bowden said. “He’s making me feel good that we won’t have any drop-off after losing Rodney Coe and Cody Grice,” Bowden said. “He’s playing that position at a very high level. I suspected that he could.”

Another south Florida (Fort Myers) athlete. :thumb:

2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Several unheralded players have unexpectedly opened some eyes. With the loss of two standout interior defensive linemen, the Zips needed someone to step up, and junior Darius Copeland has done so, Bowden said.

“He’s making me feel good that we won’t have any drop-off after losing Rodney Coe and Cody Grice,” Bowden said. “He’s playing that position at a very high level. I suspected that he could.”

That's extremely high praise from Bowden & sounds almost too good to be true.

Agreed. Quite encouraging if true. Also surprising is that he is being mentioned over Boxen, who I think will be a helluva player.

9 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Agreed. Quite encouraging if true. Also surprising is that he is being mentioned over Boxen, who I think will be a helluva player.

Probably because Boxen was a given. I thought Copeland did play pretty well on Saturday. One guy that stood out to me was Josh Ward. They had him at DE and he was in the backfield all day pressuring the QB. He also blew up a few running plays in the backfield. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Buckzip said:

I'm surprised we haven't heard much about Boxen.

Is the transfer OL from Kentucky still on the team? I have seen nothing on him.

If he left with Funk, wouldn't he have to sit out again since it is technically another transfer or was he never officially enrolled at UA?

There isn't much on the internet, but I can't find anything about him that says something other than Akron. Still, have seen no mention of him anywhere for Spring ball.

Can't wait to see the Zips play in this game coming off of the bowl win. Hopefully the weather will be nice and see all you Zip fans. To go along with that what players are you guys most excited to see in the spring game? I really want to see how Sheriff Woody took the off season and how his development is coming along. 

Edited by UAZac

2 hours ago, UAZac said:

Can't wait to see the Zips play in this game coming off of the bowl win. Hopefully the weather will be nice and see all you Zip fans. To go along with that what players are you guys most excited to see in the spring game? I really want to see how Sheriff Woody took the off season and how his development is coming along. 

I'm most interested in seeing our WR corps.  Last year I remember Michael Means looking pretty good, only to become hurt before the season started.  Lane has been mentioned quite considerably by GT.  It'll be cool to see Franshon Bickley on the field again after we thought he might be gone, as well a MTB. JoJo Natson sat out last year, and he was a talented transfer that we've picked up.  

The season in general:  I'm really hoping to see a much faster-paced offense where the Zips control the ball and pace of the game, and have our defense come in rested and ready to go.

Agreed. Balsy. I'd throw Gladney in there as well, but if I'm looking at roster correctly, he looks to be 2nd string right now. Also looking forward to seeing our new young LBs in Bell and Gilbert. I'm even a little intrigued by Junius. Also want to see the OL as its a huge question mark.

However, I'm actually quite disappointed as it looks I will have to miss it. Regardless, I expect some detailed analysis by you guys.