Zips @ NIU — Feb 13 at 4:30 pm

Dr Z

Zips vs Huskies  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3-pt shooting has been a huge part of college basketball as far back as I can remember. Granted I'm only 26. It definitely beat the NBA to the party in that regard. The shorter distance and the fact a lot of smaller schools rely on it as an equalizer when facing larger schools has a lot to do with that.

I'm still surprised to see that a player has taken 195 shots on the season and all 195 were 3-pointers.

35 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

3-pt shooting has been a huge part of college basketball as far back as I can remember. Granted I'm only 26.

Have the Zips ever averaged 11.5 or more three pointers made per game as far back as you can remember? I'm so excited to have something other than "defensive" basketball to talk about when it comes to the Zips, you have no idea. Defensive basketball bores me to tears. When it comes to college basketball, points entertain me. Drop the BOMBS!

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 9.55.30 AM.png

14 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

Have the Zips ever averaged 11.5 or more three pointers made per game as far back as you can remember?

The Zips are having their best year from the 3-pt line and makes and attempts across the NCAAM have been trending upwards. All I'm saying is NCAAM teams relying heavily on 3-pt shots for offense isn't some new phenomena.

35 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Another Saturday evening home game scrapped so we can get on CBS Ocho. It blows. 

I wonder if Saturday fall football will start having games moved to Friday evenings so we could get on The Ocho too? 

Another missed game for me. My wife works Friday evenings and I'm not venturing out in February with a 2.5 year old and 5 month old. 

44 minutes ago, tboned said:

Can anyone provide an injury update on Big Dog? Is he on crutches? Riding an electric scooter? A BIG electric scooter!

I'd hope we rest him for NIU and Buffalo and have him back a week from today at k-ent. I think we can take care of NIU, and Buffalo minus Bearden is a little easier. 

59 minutes ago, tboned said:

Can anyone provide an injury update on Big Dog? Is he on crutches? Riding an electric scooter? A BIG electric scooter!

Coach said last night that it's about 70% chance that he won't play. He is still on crutches.

Also, Josh Williams did not practice yesterday, but he is expected to play on Saturday.

Last year Pat played so well after Tree left the program.  This year he has some early injuries and his play has been inconsistent while Big Dog has been playing so well.  The team needs to play the same whether it is Big Dog or Pat in the middle.  The team needs to have confidence in Pat by getting him the ball and Pat needs to have confidence in himself and take it to the hoop.  If Big Dog does not play this may be the game for Pat to regain his form from last year.       

1 hour ago, tboned said:

I provided an update on his status for Saturday right above your post.  But, as far as an actual current "injury update", all I can tell you is that he was on crutches yesterday.

3 hours ago, skip-zip said:

I provided an update on his status for Saturday right above your post.  But, as far as an actual current "injury update", all I can tell you is that he was on crutches yesterday.

Thanks! It doesn't sound good. I hope PF and KC can stay out of foul trouble at NI.