Bobblehead Nights

zippy5

1 hour ago, Bruce Willis Drummond said:

I totally missed the memo on that.  Damn.  It would have been a great gesture by the athletic deptartment to give one to everybody who took the bus to Detroit that morning since we were not able to make the Women's game.  Oh, well.

ISO: Zippy #53 basketball bobble head  (somebody out there has an extra)

Yup I missed it too.  It's also a little annoying that they didn't just give one to season ticket holders, like they usually guarantee for all other giveaways.  W/E.

I went and got mine. Football team was already being trounced by 2 pm gametime.They promoted it on Facebook 3-4 times in days before game. I wanted to see Maryland and our women did much better than expected.They also gave away cardboard Queen of the Court crowns, which I passed on. :) Bobbleheads went to first 500 fans. Announced attendance was 656. I bet there are leftovers somewhere.

• 4 weeks later...

So apparently there is a Bobblehead giveaway this year...three?  The first was Zippy in a Women's Basketball Jersey.  (surprised they hadn't done that one before).  Next is President Wilson, who's is today; but you have to get the bobblehead coupon at the Women's game at Noon today, and cash-it in at half-time at the Men's game.  Which is a good idea...except to they really expect anyone other than students to go to both the Women's AND men's game for a President Wilson Bobblehead?  Gotta be a die-hard Zips fan... :lol:

2 hours ago, Balsy said:

So apparently there is a Bobblehead giveaway this year...three?  The first was Zippy in a Women's Basketball Jersey.  (surprised they hadn't done that one before).  Next is President Wilson, who's is today; but you have to get the bobblehead coupon at the Women's game at Noon today, and cash-it in at half-time at the Men's game.  Which is a good idea...except to they really expect anyone other than students to go to both the Women's AND men's game for a President Wilson Bobblehead?  Gotta be a die-hard Zips fan... :lol:

Wilson bobblehead is next week, 1/20.

• 4 weeks later...