Warren Ball

LZIp

2016 Rushing Yards  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How many yards will Ball rush for this year?

This poll is closed to new votes

George Thomas ‏@GeorgeThomasABJ 6m6 minutes ago

Warren Ball, 6-1 RB from Ohio State will graduate and transfer to UA to play for @ZipsFB, according to a source.

This is huge. Guy was highly rated IIRC. Never saw the field due to all of the talent in front of him.

• Like 2

He was a four-star prospect who was ranked as the No. 13 running back by Scout.com, No. 16 by Rivals.com and No. 26 by ESPNU Rushed for 1,232 yards and 29 touchdowns as a DeSales senior and was named first-team Division III all-state.

Meh... certainly not as good as Bethune Cookman or Lamar pulled in this year, but we're desperate, so we can give him a look. ;)

• Like 1

This is from 4.5 years ago. This is also before 4 years of Ohio State workouts and drills. This is also before learning from Urban Meyer, Carlos Hyde, and Zeke Elliot.

This guy can be a gamechanger.

Looks like Ohio State was where he wanted to go from the get-go. He had other P5 offers but, being from Columbus, he committed to Ohio State.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lilroodude said:

This is from 4.5 years ago. This is also before 4 years of Ohio State workouts and drills. This is also before learning from Urban Meyer, Carlos Hyde, and Zeke Elliot.

This guy can be a gamechanger.

Looks like Ohio State was where he wanted to go from the get-go. He had other P5 offers but, being from Columbus, he committed to Ohio State.

This guy looks big back then even before 4 years of OSU conditioning. Wonder what his size is now?

I think it's safe to say Ball will be the big back next season. Looking at pictures of him, he is a yoked 225. Not an ounce of fat on him. 

Even though Ball didn't see much time at OSU, he must have talent as Uban Meyer let him stick around for four years. Usually guys who don't produce are encouraged to find a new school or given a medical hardship to clear a new spot.

1 hour ago, UA1987 said:

This guy could be a 1,500 yard rusher if he stays healthy. Good news in the depths of Winter.

Bell should have his sights set on Mike Clark's 1986 single season rushing record of 1,786.   

I'd be happy if we had an RB that could gain 1 yard when we need it, instead of having to bring in a DL.

He's hardly toted the ball in 4 years, and will be running behind a completely re-vamped OL, so he may get off to a slow start. But I'd expect some good numbers out of him by year's end. We haven't had a 1,000 yard rusher in 10 years.

4 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Wow, an awful of of enthusiasm over an unproven guy.  I'm excited as this certainly has potential to be a real coup for Akron, but I wouldn't sign him up for UA HOF quite yet.

Has UA ever had a higher caliber RB? I'm more worried about the OL than him. Not being able to get time over the likes of Carlos Hyde and Zeke Elliot isn't a knock against him.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1

Let's not knock the guy for sitting behind Zeke and Hyde. In Warren Ball's 3 non redshirt years those 2 guys amassed nearly 5500 combined rushing yards and both will regularly be seeing the field next NFL season.

I'm not predicting him getting 1,500+ yards, but I feel he has the opportunity to do really well here.