Warren Ball

LZIp

2016 Rushing Yards  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How many yards will Ball rush for this year?

This poll is closed to new votes

http://www.ohio.com/sports/zips/university-of-akron-football-zips-need-strong-finish-to-keep-postseason-hopes-alive-1.725524

Ball could return

Just when it looked like Zips running back Warren Ball was going to live up to all the potential that arrived with him when he transferred from Ohio State, an injury cost him his senior season.

According to sources, however, Ball could apply for a medical hardship waiver from the NCAA to get back a season of eligibility.

If granted, it certainly would be good news for the Zips in 2017.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

Not sure where to post this but just read Warren Ball has another year with the Zips.  Even though I attend all the football games, I'm not sure how big a deal this is.   Didn't get to see enough of him to know.

If he can stay healthy, it is a HUGE deal. If he gets hurt in game #2 again, it isn't. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take

Trust me man, I agree with you 99% of the time. I remember someone else advocating the same last year vs Wisconsin and I disagreed. We lost Ball, Young, and various other injuries that game I'm sure. PSU is going to be a preseason top 5 team.

I remember reading somebody say Woody potential being out to start the season lessens their expectations. Well, I say the result of the first 2 games should not change depending on who plays and who doesnt. Long shot in hell to beat PSU in Happy Valley to open the season and there is no way in hell we should lose to UAPB. I am competitor, but I wouldn't hate it if some players were "eased" back in. A slim chance to beat a powerhouse is a lot to mortgage your season on when you aren't loaded with depth. But then again I enjoyed our "close" battle in person with them a few years ago and the almost win at Michigan is one of my favorite memories of my Zips fandom lol.

Edited by LZIp

18 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Thoughts on sitting him vs Penn State?

I hope I don't drive all the way to Happy Valley to watch Warren Ball NOT run. I watched enough of that in 2016. If it's fourth quarter and we are up by 23, then you can sit him. 

19 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Thoughts on sitting him vs Penn State?

Of all the Zips, I think he's the most physically built for a Big 10 schedule. The play he got injured @ Wisconsin wasn't anything that couldn't have happened in any other game. 

If we want to try and win the game, we play him. I hope we do. 

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

• Like 1

If you sit him against Penn State, that is no guarantee he won't just turn around and get injured against APB or Iowa State. In fact, he probably has a higher chance of getting injured against those 2 opponents opposed to Penn State as he will likely get more touches in those games therefore be hit more.

Edited by kreed5120