Warren Ball

LZIp

2016 Rushing Yards  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How many yards will Ball rush for this year?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, K92 said:

What's that say for the notion that being recruited by a blue blood school carries weight, as was opined earlier?   

Let me try to explain. You say OSU recruited Bauserman and failed, therefore they are suspect. However, no scholarship was offered, which confirms what they saw in the kid. The coaching staff just wanted to give him a chance, probably cause he worked his ass off in practices, which I think says something for their program. This Zips hatred of OSU has no basis except some bar room insecurity. We are better than that.                 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UA1987 said:

Let me try to explain. You say OSU recruited Bauserman and failed, therefore they are suspect. However, no scholarship was offered, which confirms what they saw in the kid. The coaching staff just wanted to give him a chance, probably cause he worked his ass off in practices, which I think says something for their program. This Zips hatred of OSU has no basis except some bar room insecurity. We are better than that.                 

No explanation needed.  Bauserman saw the field.  That says to me that there was some suspect recruiting done by a blue blood because the guy was not ready for prime time and there wasn't a single recruited guy there to keep him on the bench.  The fact that it was OSU doesn't mean anything to my assessment.  My name isn't skip-zip.

I'll take all the OSU transfers that'll come as long as they can make a difference.  I am 100% for the Zips.  Therefore, I am smart enough to know that what benefits Kent, Ohio, BG, Toledo, Miami, Cincinnati and Ohio State does not benefit Akron.  That is why I don't wish for any success for those 7 programs.  I hope they all crash and burn.  I root for the Zips.  Pretty simple.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, K92 said:

No explanation needed.  Bauserman saw the field.  That says to me that there was some suspect recruiting done by a blue blood because the guy was not ready for prime time and there wasn't a single recruited guy there to keep him on the bench.  The fact that it was OSU doesn't mean anything to my assessment.  My name isn't skip-zip.

I'll take all the OSU transfers that'll come as long as they can make a difference.  I am 100% for the Zips.  Therefore, I am smart enough to know that what benefits Kent, Ohio, BG, Toledo, Miami, Cincinnati and Ohio State does not benefit Akron.  That is why I don't wish for any success for those 7 programs.  I hope they all crash and burn.  I root for the Zips.  Pretty simple.

Pretty brutal, but that is the bar room thought process. I have struggled with the Zips for 30 years, but I can wrap my arm around just about anyone at a game from any team that happens to older than about 30. Jackasses under that age have to prove themselves, but rarely do. Unfortunately, I'm slowly moving on from college football as I did with the pro's. Not meaningful enough for me anymore and too much bullshit. I know you are are a longtime Zips fan so I respect what you have to say, but mark my words, and I'm very seldom wrong, that this kid Ball will be something special, unless an injury happens. Keep rolling K92 and Go Zips.          

Edited by UA1987

OK ... So we have the fictional (for right now) "beast" running back from OSU (PLEASE let it be true !).  ....  Not to be a buzz kill, but is anyone concerned about the O-Line situation ??  

Coach Funk gone, a bunch of JC guys who could either make lanes for said "beast" or could be a bunch of really big guys that trip all over themselves and take 2 seconds to get off the ball ....  and only 2 returners that saw playing time of any kind last season (I believe) 

What say you all ?? 

looks good on paper for sure !! 

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/warren_ball_804677.html

Edited by Jrship35

Something that needs acknowledged is the apparent relationship between Urban Meyer and Terry Bowden. Urban Meyer knows the guys looking to leave his program and I'm sure is greatly involved with where they land since these players dont have agents. You'll notice none of them are going to other B1G/prominent programs even though they probably could.Since Coach has been here, I wouldn't be surprised if we have more OSU transfers than all other MAC schools/Cinci combined. I can only think of Najee Murray going to Kent, and that may have been when Hazell was still there.

I recall reading reports of Bowden attending some OSU camps. More recently, I believe during the signing day presser (skip is going to love this), Bowden himself stated that OSU isn't our rival. It's apparent that Meyer doesn't see it that way either considering the players he is helping Bowden land . You can pray for OSU to crash and burn (and that's ok), but the reality of it is that it's not going to happen. What you should pray for is for Akron to get in a position to challenge OSU for recruits and on the playing field - see Houston .They came out of nowhere this year with Herman, won a BCS bowl, and landed a 5* recruit in this class. I am thankful for the relationship right now. It has helped us fill some glaring holes and add some quality players. I wouldn't mind if that relationship ended due to us competing with them on and off the field.

• Like 4

+1 Lzip. I thought about that yesterday. I would be surprised if Ball is a bust. He might not turn out to be King of the MAC, but I bet he buys us the time we need for younger players to develop. Every kid wants to play as a freshman, but moat of the time, it's better for them to red shirt.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we had someone already either slotted or working with as an o line coach and it hasn't been announced yet. Maybe we don't but it wouldn't surprise me, either way. I am not worried about the o line. Yes we lost all seniors who really pulled it together during the second half of the conference schedule, but I think we have some incredible talent coming in and as long as we have someone installed before spring football, we will be fine.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, LZIp said:

Could another 5th year RB from OSU (Canton native) soon be looking for somewhere to play?

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Bolt/BREAKING-Ohio-State-running-backs-place-on-team-in-jeopardy-46304433

edit: it appears that is indeed the case

Not to knock Ball. But Dunn was the guy I was hoping would leave as a grad transfer and head to UA . But unlike at OSU, there is room for both to get 10-15 carries a game here, so maybe it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Lets just pretend Dunn decides to come home. How about the Akron 2012 class coming out of high school (per the 247 composite recruiting rankings)?

1. Se'Von Pittman: 4-star, 88 national rank

2. Brionte Dunn: 4-star, 96 national rank

3. Jelani Hamilton: 4-star, 120 national rank

4. Warren Ball: 4-star, 220 national rank

5. Jamal Marcus: 4-star, 320 national rank

Only 22 schools signed more 4-star recruits in that class.

That's not even counting that Larry Hope, JoJo Natson, Bryce Jones, etc, were also from that class. On paper, I'm guessing no MAC team would have ever had as much "high end" talent from one class on a team at the same time. ... For example, Matt Falcon was the highest rated MAC player in 2016. He was ranked 443 in 247's composite rankings.

Yeah, I know recruiting rankings don't make a program, but it would be something for the star gazers to think drool over.

• Like 3

Interesting how UA takes guys that OSU kicked off of the team but name calling children here attack them for supposed coverups.

LOL. You really can't make this stuff up.

I can guarandamntee you that over the last 10 years OSU has kicked more guys off of the team than Akron has. At Akron, no one notices, guys just vanish from the roster. At OSU, it makes headlines. Sad, but true.

• Like 1

Well, when "We Ain't Come To Play School" warrants a one-game suspension for a 3rd string quarterback who isn't going to play anyway, and badmouthing your coaches for poor play-calling in front of the national media warrants NO suspension, you have to surmise that being booted from the program required something pretty severe.   

Of course, that only scratches the surface.  History and trends of a program's behavior tells the only true story.  And all the denial, excuses and ranting in multiple paragraphs on a fan forum cannot change it.   

LOL. The BS flows. Once you start stating facts you will be taken seriously. All of the accusations and lies spread on an internet fan forum means nothing. Keep spreading them. I know you are just full of rage and jealousy. I don't know why, but you are.

We ain't come to play school actually graduated.

And yes, most OSU fans made fun of him too. I know you will state you have 3 friends and they all thought it was great. Bla, bla, bla

Maybe we should talk about a UA QB that stole from his team mates, or all of the guys that just vanish from our sports teams without a word. Let's compare this years roster with last years and see who is missing...Hmmm.

One day you will grow up and realize kids everywhere mostly are the same. Some just have a bigger microscope on them depending on where they play. I bet you have no clue how many kids that have been kicked off the OSU team. Quite a few end up at Akron. I would think a holier than thou person like yourself would be unhappy about that.

Actually you shouldn't even be a UA fan because of all of them that come to UA.

Have a nice day.

• Like 1

The Columbus Dispatch reports that Dunn has been dismissed for domestic violence against his girlfriend. There have been no charges filed but Urban Meyer has zero tolerance for abuse of women and he probably felt certain that abuse took place. Hence, he's gone. If true I hope we don't even talk to him if he wants to transfer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Buckzip said:

If Dunn was released for the reason I am hearing, I don't think we want him at Akron.

I'm not going to spread a rumor that might not be true.

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2016/07/20/0719-osu-fb-dunn.html

Dude needs some counseling.

Edited by ZippyRulz
  • Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 0:55 AM, ZippyRulz said:

Yes  he does. I wasn't going to share the rumor until it was released because it was a "rumor"

On one hand you feel for the kid. He sat behind a high 2nd round pick and then a top 10 pick and then he finally gets his chance. But he screws it up because he has issues. This BS is inexcusable He was expected to be game 1 starter too. It's amazing how stupid these guys can be. SMH.

I'm not going to get too far into this discussion, but its worth noting we have taken kids who have done/been accused of just as bad or worse things. I in no way support putting a hand on a woman, but I do trust coach's judgement. I believe every troubled guy he has brought in as a transfer has stayed clean here so far. Dunn seems to be getting more press than some of the other guys, so I think that makes it more unlikely that it happens regardless.