Bulls @ Zips — Feb 16

Dr Z

Three's against the Bulls  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Buffalo Bulls vs Akron Zips

Bombing commences at the JAR on Tuesday, starting at 7 pm

Tuesday's game will be a Dru Joyce bobblehead giveaway to the first 750 fans, the first of a three bobblehead set. Season ticket holders should have received a voucher in the mail which they can redeem for one bobblehead per account at the designated location (by the elevator in the main lobby) at the game. These bobbleheads do not count towards the 750 that are being distributed.

z3.gif

University of Akron v. State University of New York at Canada.   I expect a quick bounce back for the Zips and that 21st win.  Bulls looked really bad against the Kittens which i'm sure convinced the group-thinkers at BobcatAttack that they are headed to the Sweet16.  However, as always we can expect any team playing the Zips to bring its A game.

To our good fortune, Justin Moss is now a member of the Orangeville A's of the National Basketball League of Canada after being caught twice in his brief Buffalo career stealing on the Buffalo campus.  With him gone and  Bobby having taken his angry 11 year old act to Arizona State, the Zips shouldn't have much trouble with Buffalo. 

2 hours ago, NWAkron said:

University of Akron v. State University of New York at Canada.   I expect a quick bounce back for the Zips and that 21st win.  Bulls looked really bad against the Kittens which i'm sure convinced the group-thinkers at BobcatAttack that they are headed to the Sweet16.  However, as always we can expect any team playing the Zips to bring its A game.

Seems to me Bobcat fans would know better than anyone here what a Sweet 16 team looks like. :wave:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ziptrumpet87 said:

Bulls students/fans have traveled well recently and are pretty vocal. That usually helps get the UA fans up to counter. Should help the Zips. Unfortunately I won't be able to make the game. :( 

True Blue (Buffalo's student group) had a trip planned, but was forced to cancel it today due to weather. I'm disappointed, they always help to create a great atmosphere.

I actually appreciate the Bulls young fans making the trip.  The banter back and forth with the Rowdies is pretty entertaining.  And I always commend them for being such loyal fans to their "mid major" school.  They could all just not give a damn, and all become Syracuse fans, right?

Too bad the snowstorm tonight will keep them at home. 

Prediction:

Ball State's un-watered-down version - 89

Canada - 62 

It's time for a resounding bounce back at home. 

Edited by skip-zip
Add

Interesting.  With Canada missing about the only player that can really hurt us by getting to the basket, this should look to be a total mismatch on paper. 

I wonder if these "predictors" even account for something like that?

I look for the Bulls to just bomb 3 pointers all night.  But with their inability to attack the basket, those long jumpers are going to be heavily contested. 

1 hour ago, Big E Zip said:

Another good article by G.T. In past years I haven't been pleased with the coverage of the team. But I think he's really stepped up his game this year. 

http://www.ohio.com/sports/zips/university-of-akron-men-s-basketball-zips-big-week-begins-with-home-game-tuesday-against-buffalo-1.662222

Let GT know that the Kent vs UA game is on ESPN U (not ESPN 2) Friday. I wouldn't want him to miss it!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Big E Zip said:

"Forward Jake Kretzer, center Isaiah Johnson and guard Josh Williams did not practice Monday, Dambrot said. In the case of Johnson and Williams, sprained ankles kept their status Saturday against the Huskies questionable up until game time. Johnson then scored 16 points and Williams delivered 22 points."

22 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

"Forward Jake Kretzer, center Isaiah Johnson and guard Josh Williams did not practice Monday, Dambrot said. In the case of Johnson and Williams, sprained ankles kept their status Saturday against the Huskies questionable up until game time. Johnson then scored 16 points and Williams delivered 22 points."

Like I said a few days ago...