October 1- at K.e.n.t

October 8- Vs. Miami

October 15- Vs. Western Michigan

October 22- at Ball State

Thursday October 27- at Buffalo

Wednesday November 2- Vs. Toledo

Wednesday November 9- Vs. Bowling Green

Tuesday November 22- at Ohio

I'm reasonably pleased with the schedule. Coming off an 8-5 season and heading into next season with modest expectations, I fully expected us to host 2 midweek games, especially since you consider that we had 0 last year. No way the MAC was going to let us get off scot-free 2 years in a row. The 2 midweek games come in November when the attendance would likely be crap anyways. We also finish up our home slate of games November 9th which should be before the weather gets too shitty. For reference our last 2 home games last season were November 21st and November 28th, nearly 2 weeks after our last home game this year.

Edited by kreed5120

I like it. Getting the #MACtion weeknight nationally televised games is a bi-product of having a successful season. Getting quality opponents in Toledo and BG with decent MAC fan bases should help offset any horrible attendance we would have otherwise had if it were Buffalo and UMASS instead, even on a Saturday. I'll do my best to make both of them. I'm glad the Kent game is moved back to where it should be. That will definitely help with attendance and a much better atmosphere when we have them at home.

Edited by LZIp

September 3- Vs. VMI--Thank God someone came to their senses and moved this game to Saturday where it belongs.

September 10- at Wisconsin--Fun Roady

September 17- at Marshall--Fun Roady

September 24- Vs. App State--Will the Mountaineer fans outnumber Zips fans?

October 1- at K.e.n.t--This should be part of the MAC opening weekend lineup every year along with OU/MU, BG/UT & CMU/WMU.  Every year.  EVERY YEAR.

October 8- Vs. Miami--Yay Saturday

October 15- Vs. Western Michigan--Yay Saturday

October 22- at Ball State--Fun Roady

Thursday October 27- at Buffalo--Who cares about this one being on a weekday?  No one wants to go to Canada anyway.

Wednesday November 2- Vs. Toledo--Turrible

Wednesday November 9- Vs. Bowling Green--Turrible

Tuesday November 22- at Ohio--Ruined opportunity for a fun roady.

I like having the K.e.n.t game moved up to take advantage of the increased likelihood for good weather.

I also like having the OU game as the last game of the season - Rivalry Week.  

I think I dislike OU more than I dislike K.e.n.t and I think OU fans dislike us more than they dislike MU.

We should ditto this scheduling with both K.e.n.t and OU every year.  (With the exception of playing OU on a Tuesday. Lame.)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I like having the K.e.n.t game moved up to take advantage of the increased likelihood for good weather.

I also like having the OU game as the last game of the season - Rivalry Week.  

I think I dislike OU more than I dislike K.e.n.t and I think OU fans dislike us more than they dislike MU.

We should ditto this scheduling with both K.e.n.t and OU every year.  (With the exception of playing OU on a Tuesday. Lame.)

Agree - why they ever scheduled KSU the weekend when students were gone was beyond me.

I like that our November games have some meaning.

I was pretty close with my prediction.  

Is the MAC placing against Ohio in December, last game of the year because they think we're both going to be contending for the MAC C bid in the East?

I love that the Kent game is scheduled October 1st.  BEST chance to get fans to show up to the rivalry game if the weather is nice.  Also:  Akron Athletics/Administration...if you're going to make a game where there is a tuition drawing...make it that one.

10 minutes ago, Balsy said:

I love that the Kent game is scheduled October 1st.  BEST chance to get fans to show up to the rivalry game if the weather is nice.  Also:  Akron Athletics/Administration...if you're going to make a game where there is a tuition drawing...make it that one.

Talk about thinking outside the box!  An Akron tuition drawing at Dix Stadium!  Brilliant!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

September 3- Vs. VMI - 6:30 ESPN3

September 10- at Wisconsin - TBD

September 17- at Marshall - Noon CBSSN

September 24- Vs. App State - TBD

October 1- at K.e.n.t - 3:30

October 8- Vs. Miami - 3:00

October 15- Vs. Western Michigan - TBD

October 22- at Ball State - 3:00

Thursday October 27- at Buffalo - 7:30 CBSSN/ESPN3

Wednesday November 2- Vs. Toledo - 7:30 ESPN2

Wednesday November 9- Vs. Bowling Green - 8 ESPN2/ESPNU

Tuesday November 22- at Ohio - 7:00 ESPNU/ESPN3

Edited by kreed5120

• 2 weeks later...

2016 will include many close tough games. The Zips coaching staff may have to roll the dice at the end of some games to win. Akron truly will have to develop into a 4th quarter team. As it stands now, I think we will be favored to win in 5, but this could change with the development of our running game, special teams, and linebackers.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Opening the article I expected to Wisconsin. To my surprise they were referencing App State.