Bobcats @ Zips — March 1st at 8 pm

akronzips71

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, MontrealExposloveZippy said:

How does the bye situation work for the #1 and #2 seeds in the MAC tourney again? Is it a double or triple bye?

The tournament changed back to a traditional format this year. The top 4 seeds all receive a single bye.

Edited by UAZippers

I'm going to be biased for a second and say that I'm disappointed that the format changed back, and we're likely going to  have to play 3 games this year instead of 2 games.

But I must admit, having some teams playing 5 games and a couple of teams playing only 2 games was completely unfair.  Giving some advantage to the top seeds is the right thing to do, but that was just taking it way too far. 

12 hours ago, infofan said:

My experience with ASN is much better.  Very good announcers, good graphics, HD video with full replay capabilities.  Usually at least 4 camera angles. No starting/stopping or audio issues when Ive watched either football ( UMASS game) or basketball (Western Mich).  ASN is a hybrid network owned by sinclair broadcasting and fed to broadcast channels nationwide ( including Columbus and Cincy but not Cleveland), plus streamed through watch espn.  Its very similar to Time Warner Cable Sports. 

I think everybody is in agreement, except for one confused individual, ASN is a winner. So like I wrote earlier, for our members that can't make the game, check out ASN's broadcast of the game tonight on ESPN3, they do a nice job. 

There is an advertisement with an eight hundred word article about tonight's game on ASN's front page.

The Zips rank 350th in production from 2-point shots and 319th in points from the free throw line. “I’m happy when we shoot open 3s,” Dambrot said. “I’m not happy when we shoot contested 3s. If I had my way, I’d like to have a little better balance. I’d like for us to drive the ball a little better and get to the line more often. Do I want 50% of our attempts to be from the 3-point line? No. But philosophically, for our team and personnel, that’s the way we have to play.”...“We’re a little more offensive and a little less defensive,” Dambrot said.

daaog.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ziptrumpet87 said:

Too bad the game isn't tonight.... would have been cool to clinch the title on Zippy's all-time favorite day - leap day! I'm guessing this was a missed opportunity in some way.

Yes, not on Leap Day for us Roos but instead on Ohio's birthday... the state turns 213 today

2 hours ago, Dr Z said:

I think everybody is in agreement, except for one confused individual, ASN is a winner. So like I wrote earlier, for our members that can't make the game, check out ASN's broadcast of the game tonight on ESPN3, they do a nice job. 

There is an advertisement with an eight hundred word article about tonight's game on ASN's front page.

The Zips rank 350th in production from 2-point shots and 319th in points from the free throw line. “I’m happy when we shoot open 3s,” Dambrot said. “I’m not happy when we shoot contested 3s. If I had my way, I’d like to have a little better balance. I’d like for us to drive the ball a little better and get to the line more often. Do I want 50% of our attempts to be from the 3-point line? No. But philosophically, for our team and personnel, that’s the way we have to play.”...“We’re a little more offensive and a little less defensive,” Dambrot said.

daaog.jpg

Umm... I'd say that was a far better article than any which have been published by the ABJ this year. :unsure:

3 minutes ago, Balsy said:

Zips 73-62.  It will not be a full house, 8pm start will take a toll.  

It will hurt the paid attendance, but it should help student attendance. I remember as an undergrad I rarely ever made it to midweek games as I always had class until 7:55.

7 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

It will hurt the paid attendance, but it should help student attendance. I remember as an undergrad I rarely ever made it to midweek games as I always had class until 7:55.

Agreed.  I'm mostly saying that won't be 5000+.  Probably hovering around 4300-4400 would be my guess.  Students have the added incentive of a tuition giveaway to be there.  Student attendance was higher at the BGSU game I noticed.

http://www.bobcatattack.com/messageboard/topic.asp?FromPage=1&ForumPID=1&PID=199647

You guys might enjoy a good chuckle here....

I laugh at their hypocrisy. "False superiority?" OU fans are the most delusional when it comes to this...they all seem to think that they went to some incredible elite school.

And apparently we're too "condescending and dismissive" to the rest of the league. Give me a break.

14 hours ago, UAZip0510 said:

Pat is likely done for the season

I hope that this is not true because it would be a terrible way to end his senior season.  It seem that every time it looks like Pat is going to have a break through season and injury always seems to impede his career.  Last year at the end of his best season he had an injury that limited his time.  This year he started strong and again had to play through injuries.  I still hope that he gets on the court even if it is only for a few minutes.

With Pat out I am a big Jimond Ivey fan.  With his athleticism and jumping ability I still think he is a better rebounder and rim protector than our other guards and even some of our forwards.  He had a great dunk at the end of the game.  KD needs to let his dribble drive from the top of the key after spreading the floor.  Right now KD has him on the wing as a substitute for Reggie.  I hope to see him more on the floor tonight and would like to see him score double digits.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ace said:

http://www.bobcatattack.com/messageboard/topic.asp?FromPage=1&ForumPID=1&PID=199647

You guys might enjoy a good chuckle here....

I laugh at their hypocrisy. "False superiority?" OU fans are the most delusional when it comes to this...they all seem to think that they went to some incredible elite school.

And apparently we're too "condescending and dismissive" to the rest of the league. Give me a break.

The hate is strong with those ones.

Edited by kreed5120

I think some of the comments on their board may be accurately applied to a very select few on our board but I am sure they have their own fair share of similar types as well. The comments I have the biggest problem with are the factual inaccuracies. There is a claim that Akron has never won a national postseason game. While Akron's postseason history is anything but stellar the program does have two NIT wins, one on the road at Florida State and another at Temple that ended the coaching career of John Cheyney.(sp?)

Slightly OT, but I went up to the UA ticket offices to pick up tickets for Friday (can't make it tonight) and I had to double park in lot 9 to run into the office and purchase. There was not one person in the team shop or ticket off (yeah, that sucks), but all 6-8 spots "reserved" for customers were full with students. It's the little things that are so disappointing. Why do we make it more difficult for people to buy Zips? I took a minute to call parking services (972-7213) to whine and you should do the same if you ever visit either place. 

I think it will be a sellout with many people coming early because Lebron in an Akron uniform will be popular and people may see it as a collector item.  If they distribute it at half time the crowd will probably thin at the half.  I hope I am wrong on this but it would not surprise me.