Flashes @ Zips - March 4th @ 7pm

Hippy Dippy Weatherman  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, bUAkronG said:

At one point in the second half Aaron had two offensive boards on consecutive possessions. 

If you watch him closely, he also seems to always be able to get a hand on a pass somewhere that results in a turnover, or tip a rebound out to someone else, etc.  So he does more things than what you see on a stat sheet. 

Every coach wishes that they have players who put out his kind of effort.  He could be a very good player if he learns to temper his enthusiasm enough to be more productive on the offensive end.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, skip-zip said:

Here's what's funny:

We pretty much played identically, offensively, to the game at Ken+ a few weeks ago, but completely changed the result.  Ken+ scored 85 in Ken+, and could only muster 60 in the JAR. 

We created turnovers in the paint.  I said this would be a key earlier.  The guards came back a lot to help, got in passing lanes, and swatted balls from their post players from a lot of different directions.  We were completely focused on the defensive end, and played with far more energy this time.  Hall was frustrated as hell, and I hope he goes to bed tonight understanding that his foolish technical for having a punk-a$$ attitude created the points that got us over the hump from a 5-6 point game into a blowout. 

Exactly.  Played similarly, but not everything went in for Kent and they didn't get every bounce and loose ball.  

This just in- Jimmy Hall's a punk.  Glad he was able to help contribute to the Zips win with the stupid technical.

1 hour ago, bUAkronG said:

Last night just proved how dangerous of a team we can be. We went from 39 threes in two games to shooting 21% on 7 threes and still scored 74 points. 

Also, why in the hell did we just now get the lighting system for the last game? Looked great and really looked like it added to the atmosphere. 

*edit* I also want to make mention of how pleased I was of the game Ivey and Aaron Jackson played. At one point in the second half Aaron had two offensive boards on consecutive possessions. 

The lighting system and smoke machines were rented just for this game. 

• Like 1

There was a point during Akron's last run when one of our guys (maybe Josh) made a three and Hall literally stomped his feet and whined instead of getting back down the floor. 

Put Jimmy Hall and James Thompson IV on the All Mac punk team.

Edited by NWAkron

What a game, what a win! I was talking with some Akron fans behind me all game and told them, as mentioned earlier in this thread, that this is the most comforting and impressive win all season. Why? Because our 3s didn't fall, yet we still found a way to win big.

The key to our success is our guard play. Their understanding of the game is reassuring. When the shots weren't taking, Noah calmy drove and pulled up for a mid-range jumper. Or Antino drove and hit a floater. These types of shots often go unnoticed but can have a huge impact on the game as they can calm a team down.

Oh, and Jimmy Hall is officially up there with some of my least favorite Can't players of all time. He was cocky when we played them at their dump. Last night, he exposed his lack of composure. If we play them at the Q, I hope we can expose that again. And man, is he sloppy with the ball. Loose dribbles and crap shots.

Great atmosphere. Great win. Now let's go reclaim the MAC Tourney title and go dancing. Go Zips.

It's 10:26 and...

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

This just in- Jimmy Hall's a punk.  Glad he was able to help contribute to the Zips win with the stupid technical.

I remember the way he was acting when we played them in Ken+.  I wasn't sure he would pull the same antics in Akron.

1) I already talked about the Technical.

2) I don't know if anyone else saw him jawing in Reggie's ear when Reggie was standing on the foul line when everyone was coming back on the floor after a timeout in the first half.  Reggie totally ignored him and just kept looking at the basket. 

3) I also heard afterward from some people right by the Akron bench that Hall was taunting our bench all night.  The officials talked to him about it twice.  I don't remember seeing that happening from where I was at.

4) When Big Dog went to the floor and tweaked his ankle, wasn't that Hall that he got tangled up with?  I'd love to see that play again. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

4) When Big Dog went to the floor and tweaked his ankle, wasn't that Hall that he got tangled up with?  I'd love to see that play again. 

You can, right here.http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index#type/replay/

Don't get your hopes up on finding anything juicy on that play, though. He got tangled up with #30.

Edited by LZIp

Other than a few bad shots, Noah was superb last night. Watching the replay and seeing him whip the ball all over the floor was impressive. If a few threes go down he could have had probably 10 assists. I'm anxious to see how he plays in his first MAC tournament. 

watched the game this morning off my dvr... impressive to win, as has been said, when the bread n butter of the team wasn't falling at all for anyone.  It amazes me-- and makes me incredibly excited for the next few years-- to see the depth at guard now, particularly compared to recent years where a really bad off court decision removed our only real guard and tanked the team in the tourney.   That pass that Josh Williams made was incredible... 

And not take anything away from the team that tarted up the JAR for the game-- the clips they had of the beginning of the game with the smoke and lights and the glow sticks-- all looked great.  But clearly lipstick on a pig...

Edited by LosAngelesZipFan

This talk about Jimmy Hall has got me thinking about some of my least favorite Kent players. I'll offer up Chris Singletary, Al Fisher, and Rodriguez Sherman.

The rivalry just felt nastier then, roughly 07-12. Maybe it's just me but i feel like it hasn't really had the same "zest" to it since Senderoff took over (though it is by no means tame). That being said I still absolutely love putting the wood to them like we did last night.

42 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

Al Fisher is up there. That buzzer beater in 2008 was rough.

Ugh I'll never forget that one. The JAR was rocking after our huge comeback and he came down and hit that shot directly in front of where we were sitting courtside.

7 minutes ago, ace said:

Ugh I'll never forget that one. The JAR was rocking after our huge comeback and he came down and hit that shot directly in front of where we were sitting courtside.

We were down what, 8 points with a minute left? J-Wood hit that 3 and I don't think the JAR has been that loud since.

24 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

We were down what, 8 points with a minute left? J-Wood hit that 3 and I don't think the JAR has been that loud since.

That sounds right. Went from absolute euphoria to despair in 5 seconds. Part of me wishes i would've "accidentally" gotten in Fisher's way before that shot.

5 hours ago, skip-zip said:

I remember the way he was acting when we played them in Ken+.  I wasn't sure he would pull the same antics in Akron.

1) I already talked about the Technical.

2) I don't know if anyone else saw him jawing in Reggie's ear when Reggie was standing on the foul line when everyone was coming back on the floor after a timeout in the first half.  Reggie totally ignored him and just kept looking at the basket. 

3) I also heard afterward from some people right by the Akron bench that Hall was taunting our bench all night.  The officials talked to him about it twice.  I don't remember seeing that happening from where I was at.

The classless tool was one of the guys celebrating when Big Dog got hurt in the first game.  I get the rivalry.  I don't get acting like a damn thug fool. 

59 minutes ago, tpsjugglerdude said:

They were up 13 with under 2 minutes left. We only scored 15 points in the first half too.

Even though we loss that is still one of my favorite games.  The Jar was rocking.  The other game I distinctly remember was our loss against VCU at home.  Zeke made to clutch free throws to take the lead and then we loss on a buzzer beater

9 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

Even though we loss that is still one of my favorite games.  The Jar was rocking.  The other game I distinctly remember was our loss against VCU at home.  Zeke made to clutch free throws to take the lead and then we loss on a buzzer beater

I'll add the game against a ranked Nevada to that list