Our Seniors: Reggie, Jake & Pat

2 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I

It means they played their last game in a t-shirt, jeans and flip flops.

2 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I

It means they played their last game in a t-shirt, jeans and flip flops.

Well then, you too are wrong!

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Right.  It's just a way of saying since Pat's injured he doesn't wear the uniform for the game.  He's in regular clothes on the bench.  No player dreams of finishing out their career that way.

He won't be on the bench.  Wasn't there during the Tourney either. In fact, he sat behind my group for the BG game. 

2 hours ago, smacktalkinZip said:

This was my favorite graduating class since I have been actively watching the team.  By any standard is see, great guys.

Jake and Reggie have been great.  Since they both played starters' minutes even as true freshmen, it feels like they've been here forever.  They're consummate student-athletes & have been simply excellent ambassadors for UA & great leaders in the locker room.  Their character, maturity, hustle & basketball IQ, not to mention outside shooting, will be missed.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, bUAkronG said:

So since the season is officially over will those 'in the know' fill us in on what really happened with Pat? 

I've just heard that there were some off the court issues that coincided with his injury. There may have been a chance that he would've been suspended regardless of the injury but that's just my guess and I'm not sure if that's true or not.

Edited by ace

I'm going to miss the hard work, dedication and 3 pointers by Kretzer and McAdams, but I like that we are going to be a more "athletic" team moving forward. As far as Forsythe, I felt like he didn't really live up to expectations. I liked the guy, but I just felt he wasn't aggressive enough by not finishing hard at the rim offensively.

I'll miss all three of the seniors.  Reggie and Jake always played hard and their shooting will be hard to replace.

Pat looked disinterested and occasionally confused this season.  When he showed up at UA I thought we really had something as his footwork for a big man was outstanding, but there just never seemed to be any improvement.

This is why the program is gonna miss Jake & Reggie next year.  Jake posted this message on Facebook last night:

"My passion and love for this game is indescribable. I gave my body, my heart, and my soul to The University of Akron everyday for the last 4 years. Words cannot describe how thankful I am to have been given the opportunity to play basketball to this point of my life. This game has given me so many memories of happiness, sadness, anger, and hurt but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. To the people that God has placed in my life, I cannot thank you enough for your love, your support, and encouragement throughout my entire career. You all have helped me in some way or another get me to where I am today. The words of kindness that you've shown me over the last 4 years means more then you will ever know. I want to thank The University of Akron's faculty, athletic program, and fans for everything they have provided for me over the last four years of athletics and academics. People may view this last season as a fail because we didn't make it to the "big dance" or win the tournament but this season was far from a failure. This season was my favorite of the 4 because of how God worked in this team. He created a new culture within this team to love one another, to play with a team first mindset, and to serve others. I have been extremely blessed to have played with amazing teammates throughout the last 4 years and play for caring coaches. Akron Basketball is a family and once you're in you'll always be a part of that family. You never really think the game will come to an end but it will just as your life ends at some point in time. Do not take moments in time for granted because when it's over, it's over. There's no going back to fix or change things. Love God and love others that's the greatest commandment. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these." (Mark 12:30-31) As for me and my future, I don't know what's in store next. I know that God will show me his path for my life and I will follow it. “For I know the plans I have for you,’ declared the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, p plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)"

Jake & Reggie were exceptional leaders.  I hope fresh leadership steps up next season.  Big leadership shoes to fill.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 5