#5 Akron over #4 Toledo

#7 Western Michigan over #2 Central Michigan

#3 Ball State over #6 Eastern Michigan

#1 Akron over #8 Eastern Michigan

#4 Central Michigan over #12 Bowling Green

#7 Northern Illinois over #2 Ohio 

#3 Buffalo over #11 Miami(OH)

9 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

Differences of opinion, but I don't feel Miami looks like a typical 11 seed team. They got off to a horrendous start, but finished strong. In the last 2 weeks alone they had wins over the #1, #3, #5, and #6 seeded MAC teams. Lone loss was by 1 possession to #2 team.

Sure, it's certainly a matter of option on the first part. 

I'll take the lowest seed, who just scored an upset, had to play on the road, and has to travel in a couple of days to play again. 

But what's not a matter of opinion is how much our guys would love to put a beating on Miami for the way they played in Oxford. 

1 hour ago, ZachTheZip said:

ZIPS win 73-71!

It seemed like the stream got worse at the end also.  I had to wait through frozen screens repeatedly to see what was happening.

But that was an exciting game.  Glad I took the time to watch it. 

And what a break for the girls, getting to play the #8 instead of the #1 in the semifinal. 

Oh, and Anita Brown is unbelievable.  Dear Men's Basketball Recruiters:  Give me ONE forward who can create their own shot, like Anita, sometime this decade. 

Edited by skip-zip
edit

4 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Anita isn't even a forward........

When Plybon (SG) and Barilla (PG) are on the floor, she's playing a wing, at best. 

Regardless, she dribbles and creates space and gets a lot of open shots in that 10-15 foot range, even with larger defenders on her. 

25 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Next year you'll get two.

Daniel Utomi.

Isaiah Williams.

I hope you're right.  But what are our chances when we've really never had a player at that spot who can play like that?

Don't get me wrong.  I love Reggie and Jake, and what they've done for us.  But, I'd love to see a 6-6 to 6-8 player come in there who can dribble, create space, and make a 10 foot fade away jumper in the paint. 

41 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

When Plybon (SG) and Barilla (PG) are on the floor, she's playing a wing, at best. 

Regardless, she dribbles and creates space and gets a lot of open shots in that 10-15 foot range, even with larger defenders on her. 

I hope you're right.  But what are our chances when we've really never had a player at that spot who can play like that?

Don't get me wrong.  I love Reggie and Jake, and what they've done for us.  But, I'd love to see a 6-6 to 6-8 player come in there who can dribble, create space, and make a 10 foot fade away jumper in the paint. 

We did have one once. His name was Len Paul. Before your time.