Eagles vs Zips @ the Q — March 10th at Noon

Dr Z

The Zips men's basketball team plays at Quicken Loans Arena in the quarterfinals on Thursday at Noon and The Corner Alley will open at 10 AM to accommodate Zips fans before they head to the game.

With wins, both teams would play at Quicken Loans Arena, in the semifinals, on Friday and The Corner Alley would open at 10 AM.

The ad below considers the women's game.

CA_FB_v2.jpg

14 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Anyone know what TV station the game will be on? I'll be stuck at work unfortunately, but plan to head to a local sports bar during lunch assuming that the game is on a tv channel that is common for bars to carry.

You will probably have to watch it on ESPN3 up until the Final on ESPN2. I will have to watch during lunch as well. Somebody should talk The Corner Alley into streaming it on some TVs since it is our official spot after all....

15 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

I became a cord cutter last month as I got tired of my bill constantly rising despite not getting any new content. I guess I won't be watching Thursday or Friday.

I actually cut the cord last month as well, but luckily have access to a login. You might want to check out SlingTV. $20 a month for some pretty quality channels. The login would also give you access to the majority of Akron games (football or basketball), since most are on ESPN3. If you don't want to do that full time, just try it free for this week and then cancel :)

https://www.sling.com/?mkwid=xo4b1m9E|pcrid|6781559962|pkw|sling%20tv|pmt|bp|pdv|c&cvosrc=ppc.bing.sling%20tv&cvo_crid=6781559962&matchtype=bp&campaign=Sling%20TV&group=Sling%20TV%20%28phrase%29

Edited by LZIp

2 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I actually cut the cord last month as well, but luckily have access to a login. You might want to check out SlingTV. $20 a month for some pretty quality channels. The login would also give you access to the majority of Akron games (football or basketball), since most are on ESPN3.

Thanks! I'll give it a look.

1 hour ago, Dr Z said:

The Zips men's basketball team plays at Quicken Loans Arena in the quarterfinals on Thursday at Noon and The Corner Alley will open at 10 AM to accommodate Zips fans before they head to the game.

With wins, both teams would play at Quicken Loans Arena, in the semifinals, on Friday and The Corner Alley would open at 10 AM.

If it gets too packed at the Corner Alley, I hear there will also be plenty of room at Flannery's,:D

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

Anyone know what TV station the game will be on?

Game will be televised on BCSN/Time Warner SportsChannel/ESPN3

Greg Franke (Play by play), Steve Mix (Color), Marisa Contipelli (Sideline) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

I became a cord cutter last month as I got tired of my bill constantly rising despite not getting any new content. I guess I won't be watching Thursday or Friday.

Pick up a Roku box at Walmart for around $59, one time purchase. Hook it up to your TV and Internet. As well as hundreds of other things...it has a Watch ESPN channel. Every ESPN channel game is on it. Just like watching it on cable.

2 minutes ago, VAZip said:

Pick up a Roku box at Walmart for around $59, one time purchase. Hook it up to your TV and Internet. As well as hundreds of other things...it has a Watch ESPN channel. Every ESPN channel game is on it. Just like watching it on cable.

I have a PS4 and a Ipad that has apps. I know how watchespn works as I used it in the past to watch Zips games. The issue is if you go to try to log into watchespn, they ask for your cable provider login info. Since I no longer have cable, my timewarner credentials will no longer allow for me to utilize watchespn.

• Like 1

I will be up there tomorrow. Corner Alley won't be open when I get up there around 9-10am, but I'll walk around Downtown until 11:00 or so with the nice weather until I go watch #1 Ohio-#8 Buffalo and #4 Toledo-#5 Akron. Let me know if anyone else is able to head up there tomorrow. Wouldn't mind meeting a few fellow ZN.o posters.

Wonder how many technical fouls Thompson IV and crew will draw, He collected another one vs the Rockets when him and Boothe were going at it, both of them got T'd up. That's at least three for Thompson that I'm aware of.  You beat E Mich by jumping on them from the start. They lack poise and rattle easily. 

10 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

2011 first round at the JAR

No, that's in Cleveland. 

You might be confusing this with the OT game in the JAR against Toledo in the opening round in 2009, where Hitchens extended the game with a corner 3-pointer, and B. McKnight won it a little later on a beautiful catch and shoot in the lane off of an inbound pass from Hitchens. 

I'll just throw this out there...I just had a meeting cancel at the last minute and am now able to get to the game . Does anyone have any tickets they won't be using and/or know a way to grab some cheapies? I'd like to lend my voice, and I'm pretty loud :)

11 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

Rowdy, you should still be able to contact the Akron ticket office this morning, and get tickets from Akron's allotment, and pick them up at the Zips Will Call table at the Arena. 

Aren't the cheapest Akron tickets $38? That's not in the budget, especially because I plan on being up there for two more days after today? Might just take my chances with a scalper...