Jayvon Graves

Jayvon Graves is a Class of '17 guard at STVM.  He's a good 6'2" is a fantastic athlete and has a complete game.  Does any insider know whether the Zips are pursuing Jayvon?

I found this quote in an article about STVM: "Graves is a guard with scholarship offers from Kent State, Ohio University, Toledo, Northern Kentucky, Cleveland State and DePaul."

http://www.ohio.com/sports/high-school/other/high-school-basketball-st-v-m-two-wins-shy-of-cutting-down-championship-nets-in-columbus-1.669789

Graves, who is 6-2½... agrees with Joyce’s thoughts that depth has played a huge role in St. V-M’s playoff wins...

“We rely on our defense because we know that our offense can score the ball, so defense, pressuring the ball and rebounding have been keys,” Graves said.

I want to bring a championship back to Akron.”

Sounds like a loyal Akronite!  Get on him, KD!!!

• Like 1

Henry Baddley, Jayvon Graves Guide Irish to Division II State Semifinal Win

http://www.ohio.com/sports/boys-basketball-st-v-m-85-cincinnati-aiken-68-henry-baddley-jayvon-graves-guide-irish-to-division-ii-state-semifinal-win-1.669957?cache=18961415304345%2Fnews%2Fohio%2Fcss%2Fresults.css%2Frk%3D0%3Fprint%3D1

"St. Vincent-St. Mary senior Henry Baddley and junior Jayvon Graves turned Thursday’s Division II state semifinal boys basketball game into a slam-dunk contest."

Hmm. Think we could use a guard like that on our roster?  I think I may be a basketball genius!  Maybe I should call KD & suggest he offer a scholarship :)

Edited by Blue & Gold

• 7 months later...

http://www.ohio.com/sports/high-school/high-school-notebook-st-v-m-seniors-jayvon-graves-john-williams-pledge-to-play-college-basketball-triumphant-revere-enters-girls-soccer-tournament-1.720224

Article states UA did offer Graves.  Losing him to another MAC program hurts.  He's an extremely athletic player.

Congrats to Buffalo. :(

• 3 months later...
22 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Buffalo apparently looking to build a pipeline to STVM  :mad_flame:

Well, they travel to Akron once a year, and NEO 2-3 times a year - if you include Akron, Can't, and the MAC Tourney. I think it would be smart and efficient to combine their game travel obligations with a recruiting trip. 

15 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

As long as we're able to continue to go down to Cincy and find guys like Kwan and Big Dog or go to Houston and find guys like Antino, I'm not too concerned.

Lets hope they can finally lead to us to a tourney birth/post season tourney win.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Blackburn said:

Akron wasn't even 2nd in the running for Jayvon from what I hear.

Who did you hear was #2?  And do you have any feel as to why?  Maybe it's just one of those situations where a player wanted to go away to school? But I didn't hear any buzz whatsoever about Akron giving his recruitment anything more than a half-a$$ effort.  Maybe it was a situation where Graves told them straight up as a sophomore that he wanted to go away to school?

Idk, but I knew this guy was a special one while watching him three years ago. SMH. KD should have been on him like white on rice.

Edited by Blue & Gold

On 3/18/2017 at 5:23 PM, Blue & Gold said:

Who did you hear was #2?  And do you have any feel as to why?  Maybe it's just one of those situations where a player wanted to go away to school? But I didn't hear any buzz whatsoever about Akron giving his recruitment anything more than a half-a$$ effort.  Maybe it was a situation where Graves told them straight up as a sophomore that he wanted to go away to school?

Idk, but I knew this guy was a special one while watching him three years ago. SMH. KD should have been on him like white on rice.

He was going to go to Toledo.  Buffalo and I believe Fordham (could have wrong east coast school) was his 2nd and 3rd choice from what I am told.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Why do I have this bad feeling that he will hit a game winner like this against the Zips at some point over the next few years??? I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by blueandgold
  • Like 1