Falcons vs Zips @ the Q — March 11th at 6:30

Dr Z

The biggest challenge with this game is to not look past BG to our potential championship matchup. BG is looking to ignore history and prove themselves. Looking at their boards, they want to "ignore the last 12 years" and beat UA. You can bet their team is thinking the same. I'd love to see a huge lead early and rest for some of the guys who were banged up yesterday (Antino, Reggie, Jake). 

On the plus side, we're 6-0 vs remaining teams!

15 minutes ago, lilroodude said:

I haven't followed BG's little Cinderella run very closely. What has been the key to their success?

Antwon Lillard. Scored all 13 of his points against Kent in the second half, and went off for 26 yesterday including the game winning 3. I believe I heard the announcers say yesterday that he's a 21% 3 point shooter but he's playing with a lot of confidence the last 3 games(they almost won against Buffalo on the final game of the season,  he scored 19 that game.) 

1 minute ago, bUAkronG said:

Antwon Lillard. Scored all 13 of his points against Kent in the second half, and went off for 26 yesterday including the game winning 3. I believe I heard the announcers say yesterday that he's a 21% 3 point shooter but he's playing with a lot of confidence the last 3 games(they almost won against Buffalo on the final game of the season,  he scored 19 that game.) 

So it's a player who has gotten hot at the right time? What's the rest of the team doing?

1 minute ago, lilroodude said:

So it's a player who has gotten hot at the right time? What's the rest of the team doing?

Playing hard enough to not get down big and stay in the game.

Part of what helped BG yesterday was CMU going 4-10 from the FT line down the stretch.

2 minutes ago, bUAkronG said:

Playing hard enough to not get down big and stay in the game.

Part of what helped BG yesterday was CMU going 4-10 from the FT line down the stretch.

I figured some heart had to do something with it. And yeah, I listened to the end and the CMU announcers were complaining about their FT shooting.

Thank you for the responses! Like I said, I haven't followed their little run very closely and was wondering if the key(s) to their success is something we can stop.

2 minutes ago, lilroodude said:

I figured some heart had to do something with it. And yeah, I listened to the end and the CMU announcers were complaining about their FT shooting.

Thank you for the responses! Like I said, I haven't followed their little run very closely and was wondering if the key(s) to their success is something we can stop.

yes, absolutely. Come out of the gate and snuff them out before they can get any momentum. Get them down early and they will be out of the game before it even starts.

1 minute ago, bUAkronG said:

yes, absolutely. Come out of the gate and snuff them out before they can get any momentum. Get them down early and they will be out of the game before it even starts.

Pretty much. Yesterday's Akron game could be like the 2010 soccer team's loss to CSU. The basketball team survived, but I hope it's a wake up call for the rest of the tournament and I hope they come out tonight firing on all cylinders.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr Z said:

Zips are a nine point favorite.

No. 12 Bowling Green vs. No. 1 Akron, 6:30 p.m. ET (BCSN/TWCS/ESPN3)

Greg Franke (PxP), Steve Mix (Color), Marisa Contipelli (Sideline) 

I may just turn off the audio!  Can't get worse than listening to those clowns!

This website makes us a 85.5% favorite to win today, 58% chance of winning the MAC, AND a 50/50 shot of getting an at-large selection if we lose @Cleveland!  And they project Akron as a 10 seed!

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/matchup/falcons-zips-2016-03-11/efficiency/?utm_campaign=autoemails&utm_medium=email&utm_source=ncb_postgame_projections_update&utm_content=20160311&utm_term=Akron

Edited by Z.I.P.