Bulls vs Zips @ the Q - March 12th at 7:30

Blue & Gold

8 minutes ago, wadszip said:

NIT!! I'm so pumped!

We could still have our best post-season tourney performance ever with a run in the NIT, but I don't have much confidence in that happening.

And Buffalo will get smoked in the NCAA.

Edited by ZippyRulz
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, zen said:

not this year.  26 wins but all those conference top seeds lost their automatic bids.  I dont see it happening

I felt the same as you when we went 26-7 (13-3) in 2006-07 losing to Miami of Ohio on a buzzer beater in the MAC Championship and in the end we didn't even get an NIT invite 

Hayden Grove @H_Grove 
Akron coach Keith Dambrot: "We have a 28 RPI. The numbers don't lie, do they?... We're not going to get in the NCAA Tournament." 
Dambrot: "If Cincinnati or Tulsa had a 28 RPI, they'd get in. All skewed for the big boys."
Keith Dambrot: "We were one play away from winning the game. They had to make two bombs to beat us." Said off. rebound and foul beat them.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudddddddddddddgggge.

Can we please just just once get our a$$e$ on someone when the ball goes up.  I realize that without Pat we're undersized, but damn, we could box out.

Oh, and I hate that I was right on Kwan.

Here we come NIT.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudddddddddddddgggge.

Dambrot should be stripped of his COY award for three things:

1) Subbing Kwan in for McAdams at the end of the game. I like Kwan's skill set but McAdams would have been the better choice to play D.

2) KD went back to the old offense with no movement, instead of sticking with Z Ball or whatever the new offense is called.

3) That play with 2 seconds left was the worst possible idea of all time. He must've watched the Valpo game. Dumb dumb dumb.

The NIT gives our seniors one last horah and our young guys a chance to grow, but this one stings because we had plenty of opportunities to win the stupid thing. Our guys looked tight all tournament. The shots weren't fluid. Not a recipe for success.

Go Zips and Can't State still sucks.

56 minutes ago, Zipgrad01 said:

Kwan blows. He can pack it up and head out as far as I am concerned: 

Dambrot gets a poor grade tonight not taking a timeout to get Kwan out of the game...I hate his waiting for a TV timeout. Granted they came back, but Kwan has to realize he is not a shooter

REBOUNDS REBOUNDS REBOUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bulls had a 39-26 advantage and even more telling 11-3 offensive rebound advantage. Constantly let Bulls get inside position - when a shot went up, they had 1-2 guys crashing down the lane to get rebounds. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!! We win this game by double digits if rebounds are anywhere close.

• Like 4

So guys, I take full credit for the loss. Not only did I have my Zips car flag on for the game as I traveled up there (no wins ever for the flag to include 2 football losses and 3 Mac Tourney Championships) but I am a big o-for in the championship when I attend in person, at home on the tube, undefeated. So with that, I must kill myself to save Zips Nation...by the way, the flag is laying in some parking lot in Cleveland, may it rot in hell

8 minutes ago, lilroodude said:

Dambrot should be stripped of his COY award for three things:

1) Subbing Kwan in for McAdams at the end of the game. I like Kwan's skill set but McAdams would have been the better choice to play D.

2) KD went back to the old offense with no movement, instead of sticking with Z Ball or whatever the new offense is called.

3) That play with 2 seconds left was the worst possible idea of all time. He must've watched the Valpo game. Dumb dumb dumb.

The NIT gives our seniors one last horah and our young guys a chance to grow, but this one stings because we had plenty of opportunities to win the stupid thing. Our guys looked tight all tournament. The shots weren't fluid. Not a recipe for success.

Go Zips and Can't State still sucks.

Nailed it...the Q equals stagnant offense for any team from this area (Cavs/Zips)

1 hour ago, ZippyRulz said:

We could still have our best post-season tourney performance ever with a run in the NIT, but I don't have much confidence in that happening.

And Buffalo will get smoked in the NCAA.

^Agreed. Buffalo is NOT that good and they would get smoked as (My projection) a 14 Seed. Akron on the other hand is a Prayer from be a Tuesday Afternoon in Dayton. I just do not see that happening.....

Edited by lance99

51 minutes ago, zippy_ua_00 said:

I am PISSED!!! This loss is not even close to being acceptable. We lost to a team that is gonna be a 14 or 15 seed and get smoked in the ncaa. I am so sick of losing games like this on 3 pointers. As soon as we fouled i knew we were losing by a 3 pointer. 

Yes, I started to walk out of the Q when he got fouled to turn off the shot clock, been penno'd once before