Selection Sunday and the Zips

GJGood

4 minutes ago, Kangaroo Craig said:

We are better than them this year, but will likely lose the game only because of home court advantage. HC advantage means more in basketball than it does in any other sport. The selection committees know this. They purposely schedule the NIT so that the bigger school hosts. Their intent is to get rid off all of the smaller schools so that they can get better TV ratings and large crowds for the final four in Madison Square Garden. Its a rigged game. Non-BCS level FBS schools along with mid major basketball schools should just quit the NCAA altogether and start a new sanctioning body. We can have our own championships and tell the big boys to screw themselves.

Mid-Majors already have their own tournament. It is called the CIT and nobody actually wants to be in it. Most mid-majors are more than happy to have a chance to go to OSU with the small chance for the W. We Akron fans are just spoiled by a great team that sadly is not recognized nationally as being great.

Excuses are for losers.  It's time to put up or shut up.  Everybody knows the process is rigged and if you don't, welcome to reality.  Winners overcome the stacked odds.  Columbus is the destination to start a new winning streak and stop this whining streak.

• Like 5

Yes, a cavernous arena like that. How many threes did we hit in Cleveland on Thursday? How did that compare with the number we were hitting in the games leading up to that?

Maybe you all are right and it won't matter that much since we are coming off three games in Cleveland. Hopefully it won't.

Excuses though? No, excuses would be reasons offered up after a loss actually takes place..... These are points that can effect the game, a game that has the vastly better ranked team being treated as inferior and that treatment being the reason that those points come into play. That is unless, of course, you think OSU deserved a home game even though they are playing a team ranked something like 30 places ahead of them in the RPI.

I still think we can win the game. When Akron is playing well the Zips are the better team. I just think this committee has hurt the chances that we actually do play extremely well. Again, maybe I am wrong and the guys come out on fire.

3 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

For us old guys, we've been waiting 27 years to get them to play us again (1989 NIT).  We need to get some people down there !!  I'm pissed I can't make it. 

I am already here but my work schedule may get in the way, not sure yet.

18 minutes ago, GoZips88 said:

Time to bring out an oldie but a goodie ...

Fncaa.jpg

Have not seen this in a long time! Totally Jacking this :)

27 minutes ago, burrdie said:

We better win, I have a class at OSU campus in wooster on Wednesday 

plan to wear my zips hoodie

go zips:rolleyes:

I am Columbus born and raised and work within the city limits now. I am not looking forward to hearing the garbage I will hear at work the next two days. I never trash talk but man, oh man, can the fans down here do it.

16 minutes ago, GJGood said:

I am Columbus born and raised and work within the city limits now. I am not looking forward to hearing the garbage I will hear at work the next two days. I never trash talk but man, oh man, can the fans down here do it.

I wish you luck.  I've only been down there a few times over the years for Akron football, and I have sworn that I would never go down there and deal with those a-holes again. 

1 hour ago, GJGood said:

Another first round loss is now likely.. Not directly because of the opponent but because of how the game will play out and the location. We know how the officiating will go in that place. Most importantly, though, we shoot a ton of threes but are not used to doing it in large cavernous arenas like the one this game will be played in. You can't just get acclimated to the depth perception issue that creates overnight.

So were you hoping that we will get an at large bid and play in a high school Gym? :lol:

23 minutes ago, Valpo Zip said:

So were you hoping that we will get an at large bid and play in a high school Gym? :lol:

No, but that would be at a neutral site where both teams had to adjust to the sight lines and depth perception of the arena. My comments came after it had previously been stated that a 3 vs 6 game should have had Akron as the 3 and OSU as the 6