Zips @ Buckeyes — March 15th 7pm on ESPN

ZippyRulz

NIT in Columbus  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All the local Columbus ESPN radio affiliate mentions with Akron is the three ball... they are going to be really surprised when they see what our 300 pounder can do in the lane. I am sure the OSU team is aware but the local media sure doesn't seem to be.

I'd love to get the chance to listen tomorrow after a Zips win.

Let us get off Kwan's back. KC spent an hour pre-practice yesterday working on

several aspects of his game with coaches. Yes, he worked on shooting both inside

and beyond the arc.

KC cares and has a strong desire to win. Encourage him. Being down on any player

is detrimental. Akron is a really good team. Encourage them all.

KC is NOT the reason the Zips lost to Buffalo. KC plays good defense and leads.

Have faith in him, He will be a positive force. Kwan was a shooting guard through

out high school. He was six-four when recruited by Akron. His expected maximum

height was six-six or seven. KC never expected to be a post player or power forward.

In this regard he has done well learning to play out of position.

As regards to Aaron Jackson don't you just love his energy and attitude? Aaron

plays his heart out. Yes, he is as wild as a March hare. Aaron is growing out of

that. Aaron plays good defense especially when he avoids reach in fouls.

We need Ace to give 10-15 minutes per game. It is a balancing act managing

minutes. Make yourself a depth chart (your own) and determine how to distribute

them. Keep in mind that most players can not go much over 30 minutes in a game.

Then, factor in that they will play again in two or three days. The coaching staff

looks at many factors in deciding a player's playing time. Love the kids; all of them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GJGood said:

All the local Columbus ESPN radio affiliate mentions with Akron is the three ball... they are going to be really surprised when they see what our 300 pounder can do in the lane. I am sure the OSU team is aware but the local media sure doesn't seem to be.

I hope the Columbus radio crews don't learn how effective Big Dog can be underneath...because the Zips torched the nets from three point land, and they didn't need an inside game. 

I think it will be interesting how coach uses Big Dog tonight. He mentioned in his pressers over the weekend how he was concerned with keeping him fresh for the three days in a row with substitutions. Is he rested well enough for that to not be the case tonight, or will that continue?

Food for thought.... Most predictor/game simulators indicate that this could be a very close game(within the OSU -5 spread)....

Looking at the results from both teams, Zips are 4-3 in games decided by 5 points or less, Buckeyes are 5-1 in the same category. 

Not 100% sure I trust this team should it come down to a possession or two late in the game. We saw nerves on Saturday with the Buffalo O-board and turnover on our last possession.

Zips need to get a lead early and maintain it. Bottom line.

Kwan seems like a great kid, but I wish he would have the revelation that we have enough three point shooters but not enough big men and adjust his game accordingly.  If he'd direct his energies to rebounding and defense, he could really make a difference in a game like this where we are at a size and athleticism disadvantage. 

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Kwan seems like a great kid, but I wish he would have the revelation that we have enough three point shooters but not enough big men and adjust his game accordingly.  If he'd direct his energies to rebounding and defense, he could really make a difference in a game like this where we are at a size and athleticism disadvantage. 

That's up to the coach, right?

There was a 3-game (ish?) stretch there where Kwan was focused on banging down low & playing defense.  Our team was a buzzsaw when Kwan was playing that way.  Then Kwan, again, had some success from behind the arc & seemed to naturally drift back behind the 3-point line & we've been struggling since.  None of our wins over K.en.t, EMU or BUGS were things of beauty, and it finally bit us in the butt against a good team like Buffalo.  If we want to beat OSU tonight we need Kwan to man up & own the paint.