Zips @ Buckeyes — March 15th 7pm on ESPN

ZippyRulz

NIT in Columbus  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

I was lurking in an OSU fan forum and came a crossed this

"OSU's opponents get 32.4% of their points from three pointers, putting the Bucks in 292nd place in defending the three. This is not a good match up playing the team who lives by the three ball more than any other."

Good matchup potentially for us in that respect but I doubt we can win if we don't stop dribble penetration on defense. I think this game will be won or lost for Akron primarily on the defensive side. That is assuming we don't just shoot extremely cold from beyond the arc or have Big Dog get in foul trouble.

3 minutes ago, GJGood said:

Good matchup potentially for us in that respect but I doubt we can win if we don't stop dribble penetration on defense. I think this game will be won or lost for Akron primarily on the defensive side. That is assuming we don't just shoot extremely cold from beyond the arc or have Big Dog get in foul trouble.

We haven't been able to prevent dribble penetration all season. We aren't going to suddenly start game 35 vs. 1 of the most athletic teams that we have faced all season. If that's your key to the game, we have already lost. We need to be able to put the ball in the net,  limit our opposition to 1 shot per possession, and win the turnover battle. That is our only hope.

1 hour ago, bUAkronG said:

Jae'Sean Tate is out for the season with a shoulder injury.

Buckeyes do not defend the 3 very well. But since we haven't been shooting that well from outside the last few games I'm not sure how much of a factor that will be.

Marc Loving seems like he could be a handful for us. 

Reggie and Jake are going to walk into Columbus and shoot the lights out.   I hope anyways...This is their last post-season for the Zips, so there's extra motivation especially when playing the State Ohio University team.

2 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

I got section 123.

I couldn't figure out how to select a specific section, so that's what they gave me. I'll start the "Z-I..." from my side, and wait for the "P-S!!!"

I'll help with the "Z-I...". I'm in 121.

Texted our Crew SC Zips Mens Soccer alumni, Chad Barson & Wil Trapp, and both responded that they plan to be there supporting the Zips. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ZachTheZip said:

OSU is on Spring Break right now. Crowd shouldn't be very hostile.

That might be the best development I've heard yet.  Especially since NIT games at the "big schools" are not anything they get too excited about. 

That place is big enough that any real "atmosphere" there might be pretty much nonexistent.

LeBron is rooting for the Zips. Hope he is there wearing Zips gear. 

"Obviously I'm torn, You know, being a huge supporter of Ohio State, but I'm also a big supporter of my high school coach in Keith Dambrot. "He helped shaped me into who I am today as a basketball player, and it's where I'm from, so I'm going with the Zips for sure."

Zips are five point underdogs

This was on ESPN's front page (on the right side) this morning. 

Screen Shot 2016-03-15 at 8.31.10 AM.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, skip-zip said:

Interesting Observation:

Ohio State is playing, so the local news in Cleveland seems to be giving us an incredible amount of attention.  It does have me wondering if, from a local publicity standpoint, this game may have just as much value to us as an NCAA game.   

I would think from a recruiting in Ohio standpoint it certainly does.

19 hours ago, tpsjugglerdude said:

If Big Dog wants to be one of the top centers next year like Dambrot said he can be, then he needs to show up and dominate on both sides of the ball.

Yes, and in order to this he must stay out of foul trouble... I always worry about how games like this against "name" competition will be officiated, especially in a true road game.