Future, Current & Former Zips Representing USA 2016

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2016/03/26/furthering-the-fallout-more-questions-from-usmnts-loss-to-guatemala/

...Destroyer of sorts Perry Kitchen is with Scotland’s Hearts and could’ve done a job in last night’s miserable loss to Guatemala. ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TennZip said:

Thanks for posting.

I give Marla and the Beacon kudos for the coverage but wish they had gone a little further and actually wrote about DeAndre's performance in the game. He played a very good game both going forward and defending. I'm very proud of that young man and happy for him and his family. Nothing in sports gets me more emotional than supporting Team USA, and having a friend playing for them notches those emotions up even more. I hope DeAndre continues to up his game and wish him the best in all that he does.

In case anyone is interested, Tuesday vs Guatemala in Columbus was DeAndre Yedlin's 31st cap for the USMNT. His first cap...February 2014.

Edited by Zip_ME87

4 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

Thanks for posting.

I give Marla and the Beacon kudos for the coverage but wish they had gone a little further and actually wrote about DeAndre's performance in the game. He played a very good game both going forward and defending. I'm very proud of that young man and happy for him and his family. Nothing in sports gets me more emotional than supporting Team USA, and having a friend playing for them notches those emotions up even more. I hope DeAndre continues to up his game and wish him the best in all that he does.

See USA's third goal by G  Zusi.  46th minute?

Yedlin's dribble into the middle and brilliant outside-of-the-foot pass into the box manufactured the score.

• Like 2

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/30/usa-player-ratings-v-guatemala-deandre-yedlin-and-geoff-cameron/

I just looked for news stories on DeAndre.   This site has DeAndre as the 2nd highest rated player on Tuesday night for the USMNT.   He really did play exceptionally well.  The writer gave exceptionally tough grades as Cameron was an 8 and DeAndre was a 7.5.   DeAndre defended well and as pointed out above, was vital in setting up the 3rd goal.

On an Akron related note, Travis Clark of Top Drawer soccer (when he saw the starting linuep) tweeted something to the effect of "what does Darlington Nagbe need to do to get a spot in the starting lineup, Grow wings?"  Travis Clark has always been a huge Darlington fan.

13 hours ago, TennZip said:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/30/usa-player-ratings-v-guatemala-deandre-yedlin-and-geoff-cameron/

I just looked for news stories on DeAndre.   This site has DeAndre as the 2nd highest rated player on Tuesday night for the USMNT.   He really did play exceptionally well.  The writer gave exceptionally tough grades as Cameron was an 8 and DeAndre was a 7.5.   DeAndre defended well and as pointed out above, was vital in setting up the 3rd goal.

On an Akron related note, Travis Clark of Top Drawer soccer (when he saw the starting linuep) tweeted something to the effect of "what does Darlington Nagbe need to do to get a spot in the starting lineup, Grow wings?"  Travis Clark has always been a huge Darlington fan.

Michael Bradley will be suspended next match for yellow card accumulation.  (He actually could have received a red card for his egregious foul.)  This may present opportunity for Nagbe.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2016/04/07/22094802/player-spotlight-wil-trapp-looks-to-build-off-disappointment

..."The best midfielders in the world can put a ball anywhere they want, anytime they want," he said. "That's something I aspire to do."

While he hopes for more national team looks now that his time as a youth international is over, Trapp acknowledged he had not given a whole lot of thought toward this summer’s Copa America Centenario, as he expected to be in Brazil instead.

Trapp, however, believes it's on him to show he deserves that spot.

"Most of the mental exasperation has been with the Under-23s, focusing on that campaign," he said. "Now that it's over, it would be wonderful for Jurgen to call me in, but you don't get that opportunity unless you're performing well with your club. So the biggest focus for me right now is in Columbus — to get started in a smart, right way to get extra points on the board."

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 1:30 PM, TennZip said:

http://gozips.com/sports/msoc/2015-16/releases/20160502g0b8s3

preliminary copa america squad.

I don't understand the absence of Wil Trapp.  He deserves to be in this group.

Wil Trapp is Michael Bradley's successor.  Bradley has some tread left.  USMNT do not need Wil just yet, not this time.  Trapp will get plenty opportunity going forward.

Perry Kitchen is a holding midfielder, a "destroyer".  Kitchen will succeed Kyle Beckerman and Jermaine Jones, who are both long in the tooth.  It is entirely possible that neither Beckerman nor Jones sees another World Cup.  If Kitchen's time is not quite now, it is very soon (if ever). 

I would give Kitchen a chance in the first 11, but Jurgen Klinsmann rarely, OK never, consults me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

Wil Trapp is Michael Bradley's successor.  Bradley has some tread left.  USMNT do not need Wil just yet, not this time.  Trapp will get plenty opportunity going forward.

Perry Kitchen is a holding midfielder, a "destroyer".  Kitchen will succeed Kyle Beckerman and Jermaine Jones, who are both long in the tooth.  It is entirely possible that neither Beckerman nor Jones sees another World Cup.  If Kitchen's time is not quite now, it is very soon (if ever). 

I would give Kitchen a chance in the first 11, but Jurgen Klinsmann rarely, OK never, consults me.

With the 3 friendlies that are scheduled in Puerto Rico, San Jose, and Kansas City, I sure hope that Jurgen gives Perry at least one start...a true opportunity to show his skills. Perry made the move to Europe to get the opportunity, and he certainly deserves more of a look than he's received thus far. (I admit, my not so unbiased opinion)

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Klinsmann Calls 22 Players for Transition Camp and Friendly vs. Puerto Rico

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Colorado Rapids), Zack Steffen (SC Freiburg)
DEFENDERS (7): John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest), Matt Miazga (Chelsea), Michael Orozco (Club Tijuana), Tim Ream (Fulham), DeAndre Yedlin (Tottenham)
MIDFIELDERS (7): Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Emerson Hyndman (Fulham), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Monchengladbach), Perry Kitchen (Heart of Midlothian), Alfredo Morales (Ingolstadt), Caleb Stanko (SC Freiburg), Danny Williams (Reading)
FORWARDS (5): Paul Arriola (Club Tijuana), Julian Green (Bayern Munich), Fabrice Picault (FC St. Pauli), Amando Moreno (Club Tijuana), Bobby Wood (Hamburg)

...DeAndre Yedlin capped off a successful loan spell at Sunderland by helping the Black Cats retain their place in the Premier League. Having spent 237 days in the relegation zone, the team secured another year in the top flight on the second-to-last matchday of the season. ...

...Perry Kitchen made the most of his winter move to Heart of Midlothian in the Scottish Premier League, appearing in all 10 of the club’s league matches following his arrival in March.

Edited by Zip_ME87

USMNT v Ecuador friendly tonight on ESPN2 at 8 pm EDT

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/05/24/usa-vs-ecuador-international-friendly-match-preview?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=News&utm_campaign=Unpaid

Where will DeAndre Yedlin play?

Often used by Klinsmann as a winger, DeAndre Yedlin has played his last two USMNT matches at his more familiar right back spot. He thrived there while on loan to Sunderland last English Premier League season, and, while he said on Monday that he’s not sure where he’ll play this summer, Klinsmann was a bit more definitive in a Facebook fan Q+A on Sunday.

“DeAndre is, for us, also always an option maybe to bring in as a winger,” Klinsmann said. “But right now we hope that he is going into the Copa America as a right back with a lot of confidence.”