2016-17 Schedule

GoZips

I will provide several useful factoids to consider and comment on.

Several people doubted the veracity of my claims that the Zips are "poisonous".

Let us review what we have learned thus far.

Thus far Akron has OOC games scheduled with YSU (Coach's vs. Cancer Classic),

a home game with Marshall and good road game at Creighton.

People poo-pooed about being turned down for OOC games at "scale" with no

return. Scale currently is approximately $95,000. Some teams have offered to

play Akron at their venue for the princely sum of $60,000. That will NOT happen.

Can not cover expenses and it is demeaning. Forget the hog wash about getting

our collective foot in the door. In a future post I will show high major games the

Zips have played in the past decade.

Here is a partial list of teams that rejected Akron's offer to play at their arena

with NO return game.

Cincinnati, Dayton, Xavier, PITT, Houston, Michigan, Michigan State. Tennessee,

Florida, Alabama, LSU, Mississippi State, Wake Forest, Oklahoma State,

Auburn, Tulane. See any you like? Not one of these schools want to play Akron

on their own court. There are more; I will list them at another time.

Six so called high majors did not even respond. Will name them later. Big Ten, SEC,

A-10, ACC schools that did not to have the courtesy to even respond.

There are numerous statistics and facts concerning scheduling that will be presented later.

Akron will play in two early season tournaments. The UTEP tournament has promised that

UTEP will play the Zips. That is good news. The Savanna tournament is larger; eight

teams reportedly. Akron will play two of those games in Akron against mid-major teams.

Then the Zips travel to Savanna to play two more schools.

I hope this helps.

Edited by GoZips
missed a key word
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, GoZips said:

I will provide several useful factoids to consider and comment on.

Several people doubted the veracity of my claims that the Zips are "poisonous".

Let us review what we have learned thus far.

Thus far Akron has OOC games scheduled with YSU (Coach's vs. Cancer Classic),

a home game with Marshall and good road game at Creighton.

People poo-pooed about being turned down for OOC games at "scale" with no

return. Scale currently is approximately $95,000. Some teams have offered to

play Akron at their venue for the princely sum of $60,000. That will NOT happen.

Can not cover expenses and it is demeaning. Forget the hog wash about getting

our collective foot in the door. In a future post I will show high major games the

Zips have played in the past decade.

Here is a partial list of teams that rejected Akron's offer to play at their arena

with NO return game.

Cincinnati, Dayton, Xavier, PITT, Houston, Michigan, Michigan State. Tennessee,

Florida, Alabama, LSU, Mississippi State, Wake Forest, Oklahoma State,

Auburn, Tulane. See any you like? Not one of these schools want to play Akron

on their own court. There are more; I will list them at another time.

Six so called high majors did not even respond. Will name them later. Big Ten, SEC,

A-10, ACC schools that did not to have the courtesy to even respond.

There are numerous statistics and facts concerning scheduling that will be presented later.

Akron will play in two early season tournaments. The UTEP tournament has promised that

UTEP will play the Zips. That is good news. The Savanna tournament is larger; eight

teams reportedly. Akron will play two of those games in Akron against mid-major teams.

Then the Zips travel to Savanna to play two more schools.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. Very informative as you definitely have more inner knowledge than 95 percent of the people (definitely include myself in that) who post on here.

I'm interested in hearing the names of schools that didn't even respond. Was Louisville one? Did Akron reach out to Louisville? If so, I'll never bring that topic up again (since it's something I've brought up several times on here). If Akron hasn't reach out to Louisville, I'm just curious as to why not?

I am a bit perplexed that KD wouldn't take $60,000 for a game. It may be demeaning when a low-major is getting $95,000 for the same game, but when you think about it, that is actually a complement. I don't want to claim to know for sure, but I imagine even $60,000 covers the cost of travel, plus partially some of the costs of losing a home game. Even if it doesn't, I'm still sticking to that whatever financial losses are, could be made up just in terms of exposure (on top of the ultimate benefit of actually winning the game). If it's a home game for a major conference team, it's going to be on "national" TV. Would accepting $60,000 to travel to a blue blood (where the game is on national TV, albeit maybe a conference network ... though ESPN seems to like Akron so maybe a chance it gets on one of its two major channels) really be more detrimental than paying whatever amount it is to have North Carolina A&T come to Akron, and the game being on a grainy/lagging video feed, in front of maybe 2,000 people in the stands?

I don't doubt that Akron's success has made it somewhat poisonous to the high majors (especially if Akron is demanding the same amount of money as the cupcakes ... and no doubt some schools simply don't want anything to do with them), but IMO, there are still avenues Akron to pursue. Is KD bringing up the exposure aspect Akron brings to these schools in NEO (see my post about the amount of local talent out there in the banquet thread)? KD has a tough job, but he's also getting paid what 700,000 a year? He and Larry Williams (who is also bringing in a fat paycheck), should be pursuing all avenues to make Akron basketball the best it can be.

Overall, I think KD has been doing a good job in boosting the OOC schedule. But I think he still is resting too much on the "21 win" card against, solid but not tourney teams, too much, and not enough on the maybe we win 19 (or in a perfect world still 21) and not have to rely solely on Cleveland. It's been 10-plus years now, UA should be beyond resting on that streak as a reason why Akron is "good."

It's delicate, but we've seen that the current win 21 (or even 24) and not winning three in Cleveland means going to OSU in the NIT. Maybe try to add a couple of more marquee games (even if it means the 21 streak is in jeopardy), and see what that does? Maybe nothing. But I'm a firm believer in scared money doesn't make money. KD has adjusted his recruiting philosophy into taking more risks. I think now is the time for it to take some more risks in scheduling to boost this program to what everybody who posts on here thinks it could be... And, if nothing else, there is always "three in Cleveland".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wadszip said:

Thanks for the info. Very informative as you definitely have more inner knowledge than 95 percent of the people (definitely include myself in that) who post on here.

I'm interested in hearing the names of schools that didn't even respond. Was Louisville one? Did Akron reach out to Louisville? If so, I'll never bring that topic up again (since it's something I've brought up several times on here). If Akron hasn't reach out to Louisville, I'm just curious as to why not?

I am a bit perplexed that KD wouldn't take $60,000 for a game. It may be demeaning when a low-major is getting $95,000 for the same game, but when you think about it, that is actually a complement. I don't want to claim to know for sure, but I imagine even $60,000 covers the cost of travel, plus partially some of the costs of losing a home game. Even if it doesn't, I'm still sticking to that whatever financial losses are, could be made up just in terms of exposure (on top of the ultimate benefit of actually winning the game). If it's a home game for a major conference team, it's going to be on "national" TV. Would accepting $60,000 to travel to a blue blood (where the game is on national TV, albeit maybe a conference network ... though ESPN seems to like Akron so maybe a chance it gets on one of its two major channels) really be more detrimental than paying whatever amount it is to have North Carolina A&T come to Akron, and the game being on a grainy/lagging video feed, in front of maybe 2,000 people in the stands?

I don't doubt that Akron's success has made it somewhat poisonous to the high majors (especially if Akron is demanding the same amount of money as the cupcakes ... and no doubt some schools simply don't want anything to do with them), but IMO, there are still avenues Akron to pursue. Is KD bringing up the exposure aspect Akron brings to these schools in NEO (see my post about the amount of local talent out there in the banquet thread)? KD has a tough job, but he's also getting paid what 700,000 a year? He and Larry Williams (who is also bringing in a fat paycheck), should be pursuing all avenues to make Akron basketball the best it can be.

Overall, I think KD has been doing a good job in boosting the OOC schedule. But I think he still is resting too much on the "21 win" card against, solid but not tourney teams, too much, and not enough on the maybe we win 19 (or in a perfect world still 21) and not have to rely solely on Cleveland. It's been 10-plus years now, UA should be beyond resting on that streak as a reason why Akron is "good."

It's delicate, but we've seen that the current win 21 (or even 24) and not winning three in Cleveland means going to OSU in the NIT. Maybe try to add a couple of more marquee games (even if it means the 21 streak is in jeopardy), and see what that does? Maybe nothing. But I'm a firm believer in scared money doesn't make money. KD has adjusted his recruiting philosophy into taking more risks. I think now is the time for it to take some more risks in scheduling to boost this program to what everybody who posts on here thinks it could be... And, if nothing else, there is always "three in Cleveland".

Louisville is on my next list. They turned Akron down COLD.

You need to understand the politics of playing "by the rules". Accepting a low payout is a death sentence.

It is $95,000 or nothing. Why be a cheap who-or? You can only play teams that will play you. Playing

Akron does little for a high major; especially when they lose at home. Remember Arkansas? South Carolina?

Mississippi State? Florida State's loss to Akron in the NIT nearly cost Lenard Hamilton his job. Think of

Thad Matta explaining losing at home to the Zips in this year's NIT. Ain't prudy.

I have no problem with keeping a 21 game per season win streak going. The players want to win. They do not

look at opponents like fans do. They lace 'em up and play. As I have stated many times, there are NO

cupcakes. Fans have strange notions.

Every effort is made by the coaching staff and support staff to make Zips basketball among the best.

They largely succeed. The next step is to get to a better conference that is more committed to sports.

People (idiots) poke fun at my comments about going to the ACC or other conferences. They squeak

without the knowledge of what is going on. It is imperative to get to a better conference. Nothing  against

the MAC. Half the teams in the conference could not care less about winning championships. Other

programs end up being stepping stones for ambitious coaches like Bobby Hurley.

Only people inside the program know how close the Zips were to joining the ACC or AAC. In time they will.

Thanks for caring.

9 minutes ago, Sportsjunkie330 said:

If the phone calls aren't getting returned and these teams aren't playing Akron - I agree with Morris, there must be a problem with KD. The teams that you listed above are playing teams like Akron.

It's bigger than "we don't want to play you."

There is no problem with KD or anyone else on staff. Akron just does not fit their agenda or yours.

More than fifty programs have been contacted thus far. That six of them have not YET responded

does not indicate any sort of a problem. Stop blaming our (your? well, not your) coaches.

Since you have predetermined that there is a problem with the Akron staff be so kind as to illuminate

the rest of us.

3 minutes ago, GoZips said:

There is no problem with KD or anyone else on staff. Akron just does not fit their agenda or yours.

More than fifty programs have been contacted thus far. That six of them have not YET responded

does not indicate any sort of a problem. Stop blaming our (your? well, not your) coaches.

Since you have predetermined that there is a problem with the Akron staff be so kind as to illuminate

the rest of us.

Not getting the respect of a call back from your peers tells me that there is a lack of respect or problem. I don't know what it is - maybe you can enlighten us since you're on the staff.

My point is to you and always has been, the teams that you mention above that Akron is trying to schedule are playing other MAC schools - other top MAC schools have had no trouble getting games with NC, MSU, Kansas, Michigan, etc. What has Akron done on a national level to make them so "poisonous" to these teams? I am simply not buying it. 

• Like 5

Leonard Hamilton had just finished his 6th season at FSU without having made the NCAA tourney, and it was the Akron loss that almost lost him his job? They could overlook the other losses in his tenure to Boston, Texas A&M Corpus Christi, Kent State, FIU, and Cleveland State, but Akron is where they draw the line? Do you actually believe this garbage? 

If you can't even convince yourself that you are worthy of playing quality teams, how do you expect to convince a quality team that they should play Akron? 

• Like 3

Dear Gozips,

You told us a couple of years ago that we had a sweet 16 team (that ended up not even winning the MAC). And then you told us that Akron is joining the ACC. Next was your theory of "there is no such thing as a cupcake! A couple of weeks ago you were promoting KD as a great fit for the Pitt job. Today you are trying to convince us that everyone is scared to play Akron when the reality is that their best win of the season was Ohio (RPI 80) and they couldn't beat Ohio State (RPI 72) in the NIT.

Then to cap it all, you come on the board and call us idiots!!! :rofl:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, GoZips said:

You need to understand the politics of playing "by the rules". Accepting a low payout is a death sentence.

It is $95,000 or nothing. Why be a cheap who-or? You can only play teams that will play you.

Why is our program so proud that they refuse to take a low payout, but are totally fine participating in early season tournaments that are completely stacked against them? I would much prefer getting a low sum of money to go to Villanova, then to join a tournament that openly admits that only the P5 teams have the opportunity to "win" the tourney. Its not like we are also getting quality home games out of the tournament, this past year they sent Charleston Southern to Akron.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Valpo Zip said:

Dear Gozips,

You told us a couple of years ago that we had a sweet 16 team (that ended up not even winning the MAC). And then you told us that Akron is joining the ACC. Next was your theory of "there is no such thing as a cupcake! A couple of weeks ago you were promoting KD as a great fit for the Pitt job. Today you are trying to convince us that everyone is scared to play Akron when the reality is that their best win of the season was Ohio (RPI 80) and they couldn't beat Ohio State (RPI 72) in the NIT.

Let us look at facts. You know facts, (something you never seem to bother with).

I will begin by granting you one fact. I did state that the Zips were a Sweet 16 caliber team and it did not come to pass. It seems our starting point guard, who was a most talented

player decided to supplement his income with a nefarious activity. His behavior got him removed from the team and dashed hopes of a fine post season.

But, it did lead to Akron seeking several fine, young point guards. Players such as Noah Robotham, Antino Jackson, Josh Williams among others. Excellent recovery.

Now for your uncalled for accusations. In kindness I would say untruths or half truths,

I never stated that Akron was joining the ACC. I wrote that the POSSIBILITY of joining the ACC was being investigated. And, it was and is to some extent still under consideration.

But, idiots choose the down side. So be it.

I wrote about "cupcakes" claiming they do not exist. Well, Valparaiso is one of those cupcakes. Does that suit you? Valpo and the rest of the non P5 schools run the gamut of strong to weak. It fluctuates year to year. Some conferences are better than others. But, no one is a cupcake. That label is insulting to the thousands of college players who are not upper

echelon talent. Why is it necessary to insult the hard work of people you do not know? Insulting me is plenty.

I asked a question when Jamie Dixon left PITT. I did not "promote" Coach Dambrot for the PITT job. It was merely a topic starter.

You have been offered many times the opportunity to help with scheduling. Instead of using what little influence you might have you choose to belly ache and insult. Truth be told I have

some inside information on scheduling and I shared some of it with ZipsNation. I plan to post

more information later.

If I list schools that have turned Akron down it is because they did. Our people deserve to know the truth rather than the bilge some post. Please explain what motivation there is to

not play Akron if it is not fear of losing?

Oh, btw, the Zips lost the championship game against Buffalo on a buzzer beater.

Good shot. Bad luck. Oh, poopy.

And, the Zips lost in overtime in Columbus because they were on "dead" legs. Fact. Not bilge.

And, some are idiots. Where are ZipWatcher, Hilltopper, Dave In Green and others who use to post? Driven away.

Edited by GoZips
  • Like 1

Let us look at facts. You know facts, (something you never seem to bother with).

I will begin by granting you one fact. I did state that the Zips were a Sweet 16 caliber team and it did not come to pass. It seems our starting point guard, who was a most talented

player decided to supplement his income with a nefarious activity. His behavior got him removed from the team and dashed hopes of a fine post season.

I surely appreciate your bullying attitude and your derogatory tone, but have at it...

Your post about the sweet16 season was in June 2011 and you were referring to the 2011-2012. Here is the link:

Alex Abreu's issues happened in 2012-2013. The team you were referring to was the team that lost to OU in Cleveland and then lost to Northwestern in the NIT. But, hey...I am the one who never seem to bother with facts.

I wrote that the POSSIBILITY of joining the ACC was being investigated. And, it was and is to some extent still under consideration.

I am calling BS. It is up to you to come up with a document that backs up this claim. Put up or shut up!

You have been offered many times the opportunity to help with scheduling

Are you trying to be funny?! There are people who are paid to do this job. If they cannot do it, they need to be replaced with people who can.

• Like 2

Put me down as someone who thinks the scheduling problem might start with KD, and potential lack of respect for him from other teams. Shame on these "big" schools for turning us down. BUT, there are 351 DI teams in Men's College Basketball. Akron consistently finishes in the Top 100, yet some of these "big" schools won't even return our calls in a timely matter, if at all? Something doesn't add up, and I think it goes beyond "we're poisonous."

$60,000 SHOULD cover the expenses of ONE trip. I'd be interested in knowing the projected expense totals for such road trip. Besides, and I've said it before, the Pay Day is gaining exposure by BEATING some of these teams. After all, isn't the school somewhat hurting for money? I'd be SHOCKED if hosting Lipscomb or Bethune-Cookman reaps that much more of an income for the program/University than a $60,000 Pay Game.

I am sick and tired of hanging our hats on this 21-win streak we have going on. How much does it matter? You had a chance to shrink the group by 1. All you had to do was make a few FTs or one more shot in regulation, and you didn't. You lost to an OSU team that had no business winning 21 games this season. End of discussion.

• Like 1

GoZips,

Again, thanks for the info. Hopefully you continue to post more about the schedule.

But I 100 percent disagree that Akron taking $60,000 over $95,000 is whoring themselves out, it's reality. And maybe that is the reason KD is having so much trouble finding those types of games. Like I said in the "banquet" thread, of course a school like North Carolina is going to choose a school like Radford (or Fairfield, when sticking to a team UNC hosted last year) over Akron, if both want $95,000. That's a no-brainer, it's an easier win and the crowd will still be 18,000-20,000 either way. To get those games, Akron, probably has to undercut the competition. It's the price you pay when you are dangerous enough to make schools think twice, but not elite enough where the benefits of a win is greater than the risk of a loss (though in a school like UNC's case, a loss to Akron means little in the grand scheme of things). Maybe going $35,000 lower won't cut it. And there does come a point where you have to say we aren't a charity. But it sounds like KD isn't budging on his asking price.

And maybe KD's unwillingness to go below the pay rate schools are paying the middling mid-majors and the low majors is catching up with him when he tries to reach out to those schools. Maybe that is why schools are simply not responding? At some point, if a school like UNC has told Akron in the past, we'll play you for $50-60, but not $95 and you keep calling demanding the $95, you get ignored. I'm not saying that is the case, but I think there has to be some reason why Akron is striking out left and right despite making 50-60 calls.

Again, there comes a point where you don't want to be a charity for a school like UNC to make a million dollars off of one game. But if $50,000-$60,000 covers:

1. The expenses for travel ... which it would, doesn't Akron essentially cover the expenses for a school like North Carolina A&T to come up here. Akron isn't paying them nearly that amount of cash to come up here. So why would it be that much more for Akron to go down to North Carolina?

2. Makes up the lost revenue of losing out on a home game against a North Carolina A&T ... which I'm guessing it would at least be break even since those games are essentially just season ticket holders (who aren't buying their packages because, "Holy crap, we got North Carolina A&T on the schedule!") and maybe a couple hundred students who are paying nothing to get in.

So, what is to gain by "whoring" yourself for lower than the asking price?

Exposure ... since every major team has their TV rights controlled by one of the networks, and those networks aren't going to let a say UNC game go to waste. UNC, specifically, it wouldn't shock me if ESPN (which controls all of the ACC rights) wouldn't try to squeeze that game on one of its two main channels (ESPN, or ESPN2). The exposure aspect doesn't appear in the budget, but it's probably worth the $35,000 Akron would be giving up in its asking price for the game (though that would go down if a game would be on a more regionalized "national" channel ... BTN, SECN, etc.). But there is also the chance that Akron wins the game. If so, not only does it make an at-large more of a possibility, but it will be covered by all the websites and ESPN would be showing highlights on all their shows the next day. That type of exposure would be worth six figures. Hypothetically, lets say Akron approached ESPN and said how much would it cost to talk about us for two minutes on all your shows throughout the day? Since that would be like buying 50, 30 second commercial spots, the amount is pretty astronomical.

I think KD gets the TV angle, which is why he is willing to take the neutral tourney games since they are TV involved. But you can take it a step further and play a true road game against an elite school (even at a discount) and still come out above.

Worst case, you get drilled by UNC (or pick your elite HM). No shame, and you still get some money and some TV time, and you lose out on a gimme home game against NC A&T that nobody cares about anyway (and a 30-point win over NC A&T vs. a 30-point loss to UNC would mean the exact same thing, nothing). It's not like NC A&T will ever be the team that decides Akron's MAC or tourney fate. ... man, they only won 24 games, if they had just beat NC A&T and gotten to 25, they would be in the tourney, said nobody ever.

Best case: You win (see above)

I'll briefly touch on the ACC stuff, since if Akron is trying to stay in the conversation, I commend KD (and the athletic department). But lets be fair. That ACC Akron "could" potentially join would be the ACC in name only. The ACC is on very shaky grounds since the reason they stuck together a couple of years ago was mainly due to the promise of having their own network by 2016. Well, it's 2016 and an ACC Network is not anywhere on the horizon ... ESPN (which owns all the ACC content has decided against starting a conference-specific network.) You could realistically see the Big Ten (which is negotiating a new TV deal) come in and swipe Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia Tech and Florida State (and create a Southern pod); the SEC swipe Virginia Tech and North Carolina State (to get into those states); the Big 12 swiping Miami, Duke, Notre Dame, Clemson, Louisville and Pitt.

What does that leave the ACC with? Wake Forest, Boston College and maybe Syracuse (though I think Cuse and Connecticut end up somewhere, hell maybe the SEC goes North if the Big Ten dips South). 

So anyway, the ACC would pretty much be Wake Forest, Boston College, the AAC and then a couple other schools located in major markets operating under the guise of the ACC (since it's the more recognized league brand, which Wake Forest would hold the rights to since it's an original member). Still, that would be a big jump up from the MAC, but lets not think for a second that Akron would ever join an "ACC" with the likes of UNC, Duke, Louisville, Clemson, FSU, etc. Plus, even Akron getting into a bastardized ACC is hardly a given. Akron has a shot due to being in a large market without another, now P4, directly in competition. But there will be about 15-20 schools gunning for maybe 8-10 spots.

Edited by wadszip

I'm new to the board, but a long time season ticket holder for football and basketball.  I don't think the problem is KD, at least not due to a lack of respect from fellow coaches.  He was recently selected as the Chairman of the NCAA Rules Committee for a 3 year term so I think that speaks for itself.  After the Villanova game, Jay Wright spoke very highly of KD and Dan Dakich went on about KD during the entire NIT game.  These weren't the only times this season others have complimented KD on the job he does at Akron.

As for scheduling, why would a P5 school want to schedule us?  If they win, big deal we're a MAC school.  If they lose, its a big upset.  No head coach would want Akron on the schedule when EMU, Miami U, Bowling Green, etc. would be an easier opponent with no real drop off in name recognition.  During the CMU Akron pregame, Steve French mentioned that CMU called EVERY DI school to fill their schedule.  They ended up having to schedule 4 non-DI schools because nobody wanted to play them.  While I don't think Akron is poisonous as was mentioned in an earlier post, being a 20 plus win mid-major program year in and year out makes scheduling very difficult.  I think we are a low reward, high risk team for P5 schools looking for out of conference opponents.

Lastly, I don't have the insight or first hand knowledge to dig into $60K vs. $95K payouts, but maybe its time to take a smaller pay check for a bigger opponent.  Go Zips.   

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, morris buttermaker said:

While the idea of playing for $60K may seem like a slap in the face to some  -- it seems ok to me for more than a few reasons. On a side note, I see the 2014-2015  NCAA finance report is out and it had Akron losing $2.3 million (in an athletic department that received a $22.1 million subsidy). 

I see the Zips did ~$1 million in ticket sales and another ~$2.3 million in donations (not sure how much of that were true gifts and how much of that was the Z-fund portion of season ticket sales). I don't see how Akron could possibly make a profit paying $40k or whatever it costs to get a team like Bethune-Cookman to play here plus pay game day staff . The majority of the paid attendance at those games are STH and I don't feel many, if any, would cancel their season tickets because Akron played only 14 home games instead of 15. I can't see how it would cost the Zips $60k+ for a 2-3 day trip West Virginia, Michigan, Indiana, etc.

If anyone legitimately believes that our university has any chance of joining the ACC, I want what they're having.  If anyone in the athletic department is wasting time on it, I think I want my money back.

As for the attitude that we're too damn proud to take $60K for a game, you might want to look into a lifetime NIT pass as the Bethune Cookman's of the world and 21 wins over patsies will get you no respect nationally or from any selection committee. 

• Like 2

On 4/14/2016 at 11:51 AM, Valpo Zip said:

Dear Gozips,

Predicting the Zips had Sweet 16 possibility and it not panning out has nothing to do with his credibility when it comes to our scheduling.  Neither does discussing a conference switch or speculating Pitt might have interest in KD.  GoZips and a few others have tried explaining the scheduling difficulties and you (and several others) just don't want to hear it.  Teams aren't "scared" to play us, but MANY won't schedule us for a variety of reasons.  That's a fact.