COURAGE AWARD - Basketball Banquet

Hello Zip Fans.  I am new to this board because of a need to post a correction.  It has come to my attention that there is a post regarding the recipient of the Courage Award at this years banquet.  The winner was indeed Ashley K from Kent, but the facts posted about her on this board are inaccurate.  Ashley is NOT the girl that sits with the band on the floor at the Kent games and Ashley was NEVER sent over to heckle our team / fans.  Ashley is a beautiful, young woman and sits in the stands with her grandparents.  They are season ticket holders for KSU.  Ashley is as sweet as pie and has developed a very endearing friendship with Keith.  I felt the need to post this correction as Ashley deserves to be shining in the bright light that she deserves

Moderators, could you kindly delete the inaccurate post made by GoZips?

Lastly, thank you to all of you great Zip fans for your continued support!

Go Zips!

Donna Dambrot

• Like 9

Ms. Kannal, who I believe is the young lady being referred to, was featured in an article in the Beacon Journal published during this year's MAC tournament.

Coaches and Players Drawn to MAC Tournament's Biggest Fan

It appears that her positivity and natural ability to make sincere connections and friendships helps to brighten the lives of many :). She seems like a really cool person as well as an awesome and dedicated basketball fan.

Congratulations on the award Ashley!

Edited by ZippyforPresident
  • Like 1