Interviews with Coach Embick

If American college soccer were really helping develop world class players, there would be a lot more of those Genk and Bayern youth wanting to cross the Atlantic to play and get a world class education.  If US soccer is to ever seriously compete for World Cup titles, collegiate soccer will be like college baseball, with not many top domestic players included.  But we lack a domestic league with that mindset, as Jared rightly pointed out.

• Like 2

When I read that article, it reaffirmed my amazement at how some could be so concerned about Jared taking over Zips Men's Soccer from Caleb. My concern is, if/when Jared moves up, who will replace him.

I was not a fan of Tom Wistrcill, but I have to give him credit for listening to Caleb, players and others close to the program when he made the decision.

Edited by Zip_ME87

46 minutes ago, UAZip0510 said:

I don't get it.

It may be that it is I who does not get it.

Marla Ridenour, Akron Beacon Journal conducted this interview.   True or False? 

Or was it Tyler Warner?  Then why is Marla Ridenour, Akron Beacon Journal at the top of the cover page?

Great interview!

2 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

It may be that it is I who does not get it.

Marla Ridenour, Akron Beacon Journal conducted this interview.   True or False? 

Or was it Tyler Warner?  Then why is Marla Ridenour, Akron Beacon Journal at the top of the cover page?

Great interview!

Ahhh ok.  I think he was trying to source the picture used and the format got wonky.

Thank you!

• Like 1