Good Luck ZipsNation

I’ve been deliberating this for some time for the last two years or so, but I’ve finally decided to do it.  I’m not going to be an active member of this forum anymore.  Some changes in my life as well as the increasing time since graduating, I’ve lost interest in following The University of Akron and the Zips more than just casually.  My passion for everything UA has diminished quite considerably, and it’s really unfortunate because I used to be very passionate about it.  It didn’t hit me until I was sitting at a basketball game this past season with a friend from college where I found myself saying: “why am I even here?  What impact am I having being as passionate as I am?”.   

I don’t like to be the downer but attending games thinking those things and reading the forum this past year have significantly killed my passion for UA.  I almost cancelled my alumni season tickets this year because of how much I’ve lost my passion, but renewed last minute.   I’m hoping that by separating my connection with it for awhile and putting the Zips aside, that maybe one day that passion will be back.  I can’t really explain it, but that joy I once had for everything UA is all but gone.

I originally joined this forum 4-years ago while I was a senior at UA because I was desperately interested in finding some sort of University of Akron community to be involved with, and to continue being involved with after graduation.  For awhile I thought it fulfilled that sense of community I was looking for, but lately I’ve been questioning if it ever did.  I think ZipsNation should do better to deal more kindly with one-another and to treasure what little passionate alumni-community UA does have because it's all it's got. 

I may occasionally check back in, but I’m no longer going to be a contributor or regular follower because I don’t find it really all that enjoyable anymore, and I’m becoming increasingly to busy to be dedicating as much time to reading, commenting and caring about The University of Akron. 

Any members interested in perhaps meeting up during football season for a drink, send me a PM and perhaps we can make that happen if my schedule permits in the fall.

Good luck to you all, and as always; Go Zips!

-Balsy

• Like 1

Sorry that you have lost your passion for Zips sports. Hopefully in the future you will come to peace with the fact that everything in life doesn't always work out the way you think it should. It's great to have passion about things you care about. Good luck!

• Like 1

Sorry to see you go, Balzy.

I'm sure I'll see you on occasion.

Keep spreading the love for the Zips in your classroom!  We need young ones growing up rooting for the Zips.

And even if you don't post on ZNo very often, remember that Zips football, basketball & soccer are fun entertainment, so don't stop attending!

Go Zips!

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 2

This used to be a better forum. Now instead of just being UA there are certain posters that have to constantly attack other alumni schools. You can't read a thread without some childish name calling and blatant dishonesty. It gets old quickly. 

I used to be here a lot more but this place is often more obsessed with hating on others, and I'm not talking Kent. than talking UA. 

Then the rare time you do respond a mod deletes the post. 

Whine complete ?

Edited by Buckzip