Zips Men's 2016 (home) schedule

According to ticketmaster, here are the opponents our boys will take on at FES-CCF this fall. Very impressive job if all are true. Jared continues to bring in quality and well known teams. One thing I noticed was the lack (only 1) big ten home opponent. I know Michigan state and Ohio state will be road match ups but that might be it for big ten competition this season. 

image.png

• Like 1

The Michigan game will likely be an exhibition game with the regular season starting on the 26th against a great Georgetown team.

Oakland University is advertising that the zips will play an exhibition game at Oakland on Aug. 15.

2 hours ago, natemathwhiz2 said:

According to ticketmaster, here are the opponents our boys will take on at FES-CCF this fall. Very impressive job if all are true. Jared continues to bring in quality and well known teams. One thing I noticed was the lack (only 1) big ten home opponent. I know Michigan state and Ohio state will be road match ups but that might be it for big ten competition this season. 

image.png

I think we'll play Penn St as usual, but it was home in 2015. So, it will be at Happy Valley in 2016.

1 hour ago, zippyfan34 said:

Nice, I think there is a Home football game against Toledo on November 2nd. I wonder if one of those games will get moved.

I doubt it. We've had American Football and Association Football on the same day in the past at home. They've usually staggered the times so we could attend both.

1 hour ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Grand Canyon Soccer

Looks like the lone cupcake on an otherwise highly-competitive slate.

Kudos to Jared for another great home schedule and for helping GCU get their program going by scheduling them.

I believe that we are returning UCLA's 2015 favor with a visit to Westwood. Can't wait to see who else is on the away schedule besides Michigan St, Penn St, Ohio St., BGSU, and NIU.

Edited by Zip_ME87

2 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

I doubt it. We've had American Football and Association Football on the same day in the past at home. They've usually staggered the times so we could attend both.

Those staggered games in the past have been on Saturdays.  There's not much staggering you can do on a Wednesday night.  I'm sure ESPN/CBS is dictating the American Football game time.

1 hour ago, johnnyzip84 said:

Those staggered games in the past have been on Saturdays.  There's not much staggering you can do on a Wednesday night.  I'm sure ESPN/CBS is dictating the American Football game time.

Sorry...My bad. I responded to you without looking at the date/day of the week. You could be right about the adjustment. That may be one of the reasons that the schedule hasn't been released. It was so nice in 2015 not having the midweek American Football games that I didn't consider they were back for 2016.

Edited by Zip_ME87

6 hours ago, TennZip said:

The Michigan game will likely be an exhibition game with the regular season starting on the 26th against a great Georgetown team.

Oakland University is advertising that the zips will play an exhibition game at Oakland on Aug. 15.

looks Like I was wrong about the Michigan game being an exhibition game.  Wake Forest released their schedule today and they are playing exhibitions on Aug. 11 and 13....and Wake shows that their regular season starts on Aug. 19.

August 19 seems to be an earlier start than previous years(last year, the zips played exhibitions on aug. 18 and 22...and started season on aug. 28 at VCU)...but I am glad that Michigan is a regular season game

• Like 1