Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Came across a read on an interesting prospect we have apparently offered. Never played a down of HS football yet. Looks like he may end up being a recruit above our realistic level, however.

 

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/2016/06/71414/from-california-with-talent-cleveland-heights-tyreke-smith-hasnt-played-high-school-football-yet-has-ten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was able to attend the East -vs- Ellet game last night and saw two juniors I really hope we're recruiting.

 

The first is Daishawn Brimage.  Little brother of future Zip DeAndre.  "Little" as in both younger and smaller. Lol.  DeAndre is 6-1, 265 and plays DL.  His little brother plays safety/WR & is "only" 6-1, 195.  Lol.  Great size for a WR/S.  He's muscular, athletic & fast.  He had 1 INT last night and returned a kickoff for a 80 yard TD.  He's a great looking athlete, who probably isn't going to ever put up a lot of stats at WR just because East is a run-oriented team and East's QB isn't the best passer in the world.

 

And speaking of East being a run-oriented team, there will by no means be a drop off in East's RB department next year - even after stellar RB and future Zip Jemarulin Suggs graduates.  The second player I hope the Zips are looking at is RB Devanier Floyd.  This kid is a beast!!  He's 5'9", 200 lbs. & fast with a mean streak (much like Suggs).  This guy, even with weight like that, is fast to the edge & has breakaway speed.  Great looking RB who's totally under the radar right now because of Suggs getting most of the carries.  This buck's gonna blow up next year, I guarantee.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot to mention this great looking athlete I saw from STVM.

 

6-3, 185 Jr. WR/S Leonard Younger.  

 

His "highlights" below aren't anything that'll blow you away, but he really passes the eyeball test.  They don't use Younger @ WR this year, but he's an athletic 6-3 & so he really stood out to me.

 

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4599105/leonard-younger

 

Edited by Blue & Gold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2016 at 3:52 PM, 33Akrondad7 said:

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4325807/57dec95d3bd81440b4fff947

 

Another Akron kid probably going to be a ZIP. The best talented linebacker I have ever seen.

Got some stats for this kid. He will be at tonight's game as a recruit.

GPA 4.2

139 tackles 19 for loss

4 sacks

5 caused fumbles

77 carries for 483

6 receptions 36 yards

bench 135x41

           225x14

 

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4325807/zach-dilauro

Check out his 10 game highlight..

 

Edited by 33Akrondad7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2016 at 8:44 AM, Blue & Gold said:

Was able to attend the East -vs- Ellet game last night and saw two juniors I really hope we're recruiting.

 

The first is Daishawn Brimage.  Little brother of future Zip DeAndre.  "Little" as in both younger and smaller. Lol.  DeAndre is 6-1, 265 and plays DL.  His little brother plays safety/WR & is "only" 6-1, 195.  Lol.  Great size for a WR/S.  He's muscular, athletic & fast.  He had 1 INT last night and returned a kickoff for a 80 yard TD.  He's a great looking athlete, who probably isn't going to ever put up a lot of stats at WR just because East is a run-oriented team and East's QB isn't the best passer in the world.

 

And speaking of East being a run-oriented team, there will by no means be a drop off in East's RB department next year - even after stellar RB and future Zip Jemarulin Suggs graduates.  The second player I hope the Zips are looking at is RB Devanier Floyd.  This kid is a beast!!  He's 5'9", 200 lbs. & fast with a mean streak (much like Suggs).  This guy, even with weight like that, is fast to the edge & has breakaway speed.  Great looking RB who's totally under the radar right now because of Suggs getting most of the carries.  This buck's gonna blow up next year, I guarantee.

You are right on the head with these players.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 33Akrondad7 said:

Got some stats for this kid. He will be at tonight's game as a recruit.

 

Oh, no!  Lol.  I was wondering if the Zips would bring any recruits in for this game.  With the Tribe playing in game 7 of the World Series the stadium is going to be sooooo empty...  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 33Akrondad7 said:

 

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4325807/zach-dilauro

Check out his 10 game highlight..

 

 

He's definitely a football player.  You can tell he loves contact - he really sticks his head in there when tackling.  Jarring hits.  I was always too wimpy for that kind of hitting... just made tackles with my shoulder pads. Lol.

 

I saw him get good hits in on Jemarulin Suggs, Devanier Floyd & King Alfred Sanders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2016 at 8:44 AM, Blue & Gold said:

And speaking of East being a run-oriented team, there will by no means be a drop off in East's RB department next year - even after stellar RB and future Zip Jemarulin Suggs graduates.  The second player I hope the Zips are looking at is RB Devanier Floyd.  This kid is a beast!!  He's 5'9", 200 lbs. & fast with a mean streak (much like Suggs).  This guy, even with weight like that, is fast to the edge & has breakaway speed.  Great looking RB who's totally under the radar right now because of Suggs getting most of the carries.  This buck's gonna blow up next year, I guarantee.

 

Devanier Floyd's highlights -v- Marlington

 

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4634320/581f2b31f5605e19502c1b35

 

Offer him already, Zips! :mad_flame:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2016 at 3:52 PM, 33Akrondad7 said:

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4325807/57dec95d3bd81440b4fff947

 

Another Akron kid probably going to be a ZIP. The best talented linebacker I have ever seen.

Zach DiLauro, 5-11, 205 lb. junior LB

 

Made 1st-Team All-NEO Inland District, DIII

 

Linky

Edited by Blue & Gold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2016 at 7:19 AM, Blue & Gold said:

Zach DiLauro, 5-11, 205 lb. junior LB

 

Made 1st-Team All-NEO Inland District, DIII

 

Linky

Thanks for the update.... He got railroaded in the PTC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently have talked withOmar Fattah, LB from St Eds.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/5319120/omar-fattah

http://www.cleveland.com/hssports/blog/index.ssf/2016/11/meet_a_breakout_player_from_ea.html#1

 

Lucas D'Orazio, who I am assuming is Zach's little brother seems to be doing good at Cuyahoga Heights. Maybe a late bloomer. I think I'd give a preferred walk on if his junior tape looks better. His sophomore tape doesnt look like a D1 athlete IMO.

http://www.cleveland.com/hssports/blog/index.ssf/2016/11/meet_a_breakout_player_from_ea.html#12

http://www.hudl.com/profile/7325863/lucas-dorazio

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CometZip, is Treon Sibley related to Hoban's Todd Sibley?

 

ABJ blurb on Treon Sibley

Sibley’s big finale

Treon Sibley finished his junior football season with Coventry (5-5) with 413 all-purpose yards and five touchdowns in a 46-44 win at Norton on Oct. 28. He rushed for two touchdowns, caught two touchdown passes and threw a touchdown pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

CometZip, is Treon Sibley related to Hoban's Todd Sibley?

 

ABJ blurb on Treon Sibley

Sibley’s big finale

Treon Sibley finished his junior football season with Coventry (5-5) with 413 all-purpose yards and five touchdowns in a 46-44 win at Norton on Oct. 28. He rushed for two touchdowns, caught two touchdown passes and threw a touchdown pass.

They are cousins, he is a little taller, not as thick, faster & a better all around athlete IMO

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ComettoZip said:

How?  He made 1st team all PTC

He should of got defensive player of the year. I guess making the playoffs matters. What do I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 33Akrondad7 said:

He should of got defensive player of the year. I guess making the playoffs matters. What do I know.

It's all political, better your record the more kids your team gets, coaches have to fight for what they can, Dauberman for Coventry had 195 tackles, led league easily, kid is everywhere, not enough wins & he had to get an at large, stats say he is best linebacker in league, just way it works, I'm not saying Zach isn't, just showing it isnt easy, it sucks but kids get left out all the time & everybody sees things a little differently 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

CometZip, is Treon Sibley related to Hoban's Todd Sibley?

 

ABJ blurb on Treon Sibley

Sibley’s big finale

Treon Sibley finished his junior football season with Coventry (5-5) with 413 all-purpose yards and five touchdowns in a 46-44 win at Norton on Oct. 28. He rushed for two touchdowns, caught two touchdown passes and threw a touchdown pass.

Check out this highlight!
https://www.hudl.com/v/x6mxW

 

team highlight of Coventry & Norton, you will see his athleticism & speed in it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×