New commit: Coventry WR/CB Dusty Burkhart

19 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

I have seen the coaches use the #zipemup hash tag.

They probably need to be set straight too, but they are relatively new as well.  Since the Cincinnati-Xavier basketball brawl in 2011, (some) Musketeer fans have used #zipemup as their rallying cry.  Probably not the greatest hashtag to be confused with.

For those who have forgotten:

• 5 months later...
20 hours ago, ComettoZip said:

Senior Year Highlight

http://www.hudl.com/v/12XSxd

Thanks for sharing. My take after watching this is it's clear Burkahart has good speed and agility on the clips on turf fields (Norton, Cloverleaf). Hard to show that throughout when half the highlights were played in a swamp, especially the clips at Springfield and whoever that team was in all whites (Ravenna?). Overall, this is a quality get, IMO. He has enough speed where he could play outside, but looks like somebody who could flourish in the slot. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Zipgrad01 said:

Nice...too bad it means nothing for how good of a football player he will be. Most D-1 football players can dunk a basketball. crap... I could in 8th grade. 

Lol ?, sure you could, I'm trying to look at the recruits & see what they can do, multiple sport players are good signs, good multiple sport players are even better, if you google baumspage for track times this kid also ran the 3rd fastest time in the State in 100m in regionals to go to state, I was planning on trying to do similar for other recruits but since it doesn't mean anything I won't, sorry to have wasted your time

Edited by 94zipgrad

1 hour ago, Zipgrad01 said:

Nice...too bad it means nothing for how good of a football player he will be. Most D-1 football players can dunk a basketball. crap... I could in 8th grade. 

8th grade? Either you were/are extremely tall or a D1 quality athlete. I played on a team with Sam Clancy Jr. in 7th grade and he dunked one time in a game ... one of those barely got it over the rim but it went in. All he did was go on to be an All-American at USC and drafted to the NBA.

5 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

Lol ?, sure you could, I'm trying to look at the recruits & see what they can do, multiple sport players are good signs, good multiple sport players are even better, if you google baumspage for track times this kid also ran the 3rd fastest time in the State in 100m in regionals to go to state, I was planning on trying to do similar for other recruits but since it doesn't mean anything I won't, sorry to have wasted your time

Thanks for taking the time to post the video and info. With the exception of one or two people, everyone appreciates it. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Zipgrad01 said:

I could in 8th grade. 

For what it's worth, I had a teammate who was dunking in 8th grade also.  We marveled at him (especially since I was well under 6' at the time, and could barely touch the net).  He was a two-sport star in the making.

Well, by our senior year of high school, he sucked at football and basketball.  He peaked way too early, and everyone had passed him by.  

Edited by skip-zip

A lot of people can get a running start & dunk 1 or 2 times out of 10. Not many actually dunk in a game & one of those was a steal & dribble the length of court & two hand dunk while being contested, I was just bored with some time off & looking into some of the recruits, I am hoping, PRAYING, that this local class of recruits does well & people start going to games & there is a culture change

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

10 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Thanks for taking the time to post the video and info. With the exception of one or two people, everyone appreciates it. 

+1.  Thanks for posting, 94zipgrad! 

3 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

I was just bored with some time off & looking into some of the recruits...

The football recruiting page is what got me hooked on ZN.o... I'd say over 10 years ago now.

3 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

I am hoping, PRAYING, that this local class of recruits does well & people start going to games & there is a culture change

Amen, and amen.

Go Zips!