Game 3—@Marshall Thundering Herd

1 hour ago, ZippyRulz said:

It seems that every game gets posted to Youtube. Look for it by Sunday, Monday at the latest.

FYI, I remember looking for the replay of CBS games last year both through CBS Sports and YouTube and could find nothing. Your best bet might be their mobile app I  felt like this was the one big downside to being on CBS Sports.

10 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Also, does anyone know anything at all about Marshall? Are we just assuming they are good based on recent success? Please chime in Herd fans. I don't know anything about you all this season.:)

It sounds like they are used to practicing against larger receivers, our threat there might be somewhat minimized. It also might open the door for Coney or Wolf to have a big game. It also seems like another opportunity for Jojo to shine. It's harder to prepare for a guy like him because he improvised so well.

1 hour ago, ZippyRulz said:

It seems that every game gets posted to Youtube. Look for it by Sunday, Monday at the latest.

If I can't find it on YouTube I'll come back & ask for some help.  Seems like I can rarely find old Zips games on YouTube when i search.  I must not be the only one because Zipsoutsider noted the same frustration above.

40 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I only have basic cable, so do not get it on TV. The CBSSports app on Amazon FireTV doesnt offer live streaming for whatever reason, and you need either a cox, frontier, or optimum cable login to watch online. I'm probably going to have to go to a bar for this one...

Get the Kodi app for your FireTV, and then side load Sports Devil, and or Phoenix. 

9 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

Get the Kodi app for your FireTV, and then side load Sports Devil, and or Phoenix. 

I have the Kodi app actually. I figured out how to sideload apps to the Fire TV, but haven't looked too much into sideloading the Kodi applications. Maybe I'll look into that tonight. Thanks.

3 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

FYI, I remember looking for the replay of CBS games last year both through CBS Sports and YouTube and could find nothing. Your best bet might be their mobile app I  felt like this was the one big downside to being on CBS Sports.

Oh, apparently it's just the ESPN games that show up on YT. I just searched for the AR St. vs. UT St. game that was on CBSSN last Sat. and didn't find it. So scratch that option I guess :(

3 hours ago, LZIp said:

Also, does anyone know anything at all about Marshall? Are we just assuming they are good based on recent success? Please chime in Herd fans. I don't know anything about you all this season.:)

I was hoping to hear more also.  It seems that the App. State game is getting all of the attention.  Heck, a few of our own posters are even ready to put them on a pedestal for playing a close game against Tennessee.  But nothing at all about Marshall?

Frankly, I hope App. State is the easier game, since it's a home game.  

LZip asked "Also, does anyone know anything at all about Marshall?"  You can see the Marshall 2016 online previews at:

www.sbnation.com/...football/.../marshall-football-2016-preview-schedule-r...

OR

athlonsports.com/...football/top.../marshall-thundering-herd-2016-preview-and-predic...

OR

collegefootballnews.com/2016/marshall-thundering-herd-football-preview

All three are similar and will give you a taste of where we are this year.  Lot of young and inexperienced players in some key positions who will have to step up early.

Many talented returning players at some key positions i.e., Chase Litton, QB, going into his sophomore year.  Made huge impact as a Freshman.  We have no idea how we will really do until we play you guys.  We beat up one of the poorest FCS teams we have ever faced and no way to judge how this team will be.  On the other hand we know you just played Wisconsin so no comparison.  We expect a very good, competitive, game from Akron.  For those of you travelling south to Huntington drive safely and hope your experience at Joan C. Edwards Stadium and our fans is a positive one.  Good luck to your team.

• Like 2

I feel there are several reasons besides the Tennessee game why App State is getting more attention.

1) It's actually a home game so many posters will be attending.

2) Marshall has only played 1 game and it was against an FCS opponent so it's hard to identify just how good they are at this stage.

3) App State is a fresh name that people recognize.

4) Marshall has kind of had our number (6-2 vs. us since 1997)

5) Board seems less active this week as fans had a wake up call from Wisconsin that the Zips aren't as good as they thought they were. If the Zips were coming off a win or close loss to Wisconsin, you'd be seeing those people coming out saying we'll beat Marshall by 2 TDs.

I haven't really seen anyone dis Marshall. It just happened to be the game that got sandwiched between the the big name P5 opponent and our home game vs. a quality opponent.

I put our odds of winning at 40%

Marshall is a good program and is one of the few mid-majors where the home field is an advantage. The Herd is well coached and they have a solid base of talent. I think we have the edge with skill players on offense, but they have the edge with their front 7 on D, that being said, in both cases, they are edges and the battle could easily go the other way. JoJo Natson does give us an edge on punts. You either kick away from him or open the door to the threat of a score. I think this game will hinge more on how well a Zips defense that still seems to lack an identity shows up to play. I wouldn't write a Chuck Amato defense off this early in the season.

I think this will be a good game to watch, whatever the outcome.

57 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

I feel there are several reasons besides the Tennessee game why App State is getting more attention.

1) It's actually a home game so many posters will be attending.

2) Marshall has only played 1 game and it was against an FCS opponent so it's hard to identify just how good they are at this stage.

3) App State is a fresh name that people recognize.

4) Marshall has kind of had our number (6-2 vs. us since 1997)

5) Board seems less active this week as fans had a wake up call from Wisconsin that the Zips aren't as good as they thought they were. If the Zips were coming off a win or close loss to Wisconsin, you'd be seeing those people coming out saying we'll beat Marshall by 2 TDs.

I haven't really seen anyone dis Marshall. It just happened to be the game that got sandwiched between the the big name P5 opponent and our home game vs. a quality opponent.

I think losing our highly hyped starting running back to some unknown injury has something to do with lack of chatter this week. Maybe Edwards will surprise and Ball is listed as questionable so he may make an appearance. We will probably see some jet sweeps and maybe the receiving corps will pick up the slack on offense. We need to move the chains to win.