29 minutes ago, Buckzip said:

That makes more sense. Like I said, usually if they decommit they already have a school in mind. Still, since he hasn't chosen another school it is possible that Bowden pulled the offer. Not likely, but possible. I would think that anyone Toledo would want UA would also.

The offer wasn't pulled.

2 hours ago, MDZip said:

And as was pointed out  by Darren Rovell - a guy who walked on to the team catches the ball to win the title against a team with more 5-star recruits than anyone else.

I'm sure Dabo is lining up to build his roster with 2 stars now. Some guys fall through the cracks. I find it amusing because we suck so bad at recruiting that you have to point out the exception and not the rule just to make yourselves feel better. 

12 minutes ago, Zipgrad01 said:

I'm sure Dabo is lining up to build his roster with 2 stars now. Some guys fall through the cracks. I find it amusing because we suck so bad at recruiting that you have to point out the exception and not the rule just to make yourselves feel better. 

I can't say I know for sure but I doubt Darren Rovell had the Zips in mind when he made that observation nor did I. As matter of fact I found it kind of amazing a walk on could have that kind of an impact on a major program. Kudos to him. 

3 minutes ago, MDZip said:

I can't say I know for sure but I doubt Darren Rovell had the Zips in mind when he made that observation nor did I. As matter of fact I found it kind of amazing a walk on could have that kind of an impact on a major program. Kudos to him. 

It happens just like free agents from small colleges that succeed in the NFL. Nobody truly ever knows how a player will translate at any level, but players are typically rated a certain way for a reason. 

7 minutes ago, Zipgrad01 said:

It happens just like free agents from small colleges that succeed in the NFL. Nobody truly ever knows how a player will translate at any level, but players are typically rated a certain way for a reason. 

Absolutely and I'm glad when that happens. That's why I like it. You can't always measure heart. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

I really want us to have a player named, "Bubba Arslanian."

In this video, when asked about his Akron offer he says, “It gives you a sense of pride knowing that somebody has trust in you that you’re going to be an impact player for their program. And hopefully I can do that.”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zzx said:

In this video, when asked about his Akron offer he says, “It gives you a sense of pride knowing that somebody has trust in you that you’re going to be an impact player for their program. And hopefully I can do that.”

That's a promising sign!  Bubba could be our next Brian Wagner.

Edited by Blue & Gold

7 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

That's a promising sign!  Bubba could be our next Brian Wagner.

That clip does sound promising. However, I've become less optimistic after seeing that OSU wants him, even if it's as a walk-on. Unfortunately, OSU can make a pretty strong case that he could get playing time and end up on scholarship seeing that Joe Burger (also a LB) went there as a walk-on and was a four-year letterman, who eventually wound up on scholarship. Plus, he's from one of the most affluent schools in the state, so I'm going to guess that his family has the means to be able to afford OSU's tuition if he wants to go there.

I hope I'm wrong on this, because the kid is definitely a great football player. 

8 minutes ago, wadszip said:

That clip does sound promising. However, I've become less optimistic after seeing that OSU wants him, even if it's as a walk-on. Unfortunately, OSU can make a pretty strong case that he could get playing time and end up on scholarship seeing that Joe Burger (also a LB) went there as a walk-on and was a four-year letterman, who eventually wound up on scholarship. Plus, he's from one of the most affluent schools in the state, so I'm going to guess that his family has the means to be able to afford OSU's tuition if he wants to go there.

I hope I'm wrong on this, because the kid is definitely a great football player. 

This is where finances come into play for some kids. Unless you upper middle class, it's hard to turn down free versus the cost of full tuition at OSU. If money is not an object, he might take his chances at OSU.