It's NLOI Eve and here is how we think our signing class, as presently composed, will break down by position:

DEFENSE

DL (4)

DeAndre Brimage

Eric Bentley

Tracy Jordan

Malik Townsend

DE (3)

Justin Sampson

Kobie Booker

Matthew Hanson

LB (1)

Bubba Arslanian

CB (2)

Jordyn Riley

Marquess Callaway

S (2)

Reggie Corner Jr.

Jerome Cooper

OFFENSE

QB (2)

Nick Johns

Alex Ramart

OL (2)

Marcus Kidd

Hunter Corne

RB (2)

Jemarulin Suggs

Marquise Bridges

WR (1)

Dusty Burkhart

PK (1)

Mitch Cooper

P (1)

Jonah Weiland

ATH (1)

Malik Woodridge

University of Akron football: Zips hope 2017 recruiting class will help team get back on track to success

I am not sure the journalism can get any lazier. Poor writing, no effort, beyond Twitter and ZN, and no imagination. I guess we will be stuck reading our opponents' articles for any stories of interest, again.

• 2 months later...

Ohio North-South All-Star Classic / D-1-3 North roster

The Zippers are very well represented on the North D-1-3 roster in the upcoming Ohio North-South All-Star Football Classic.

Marquise Bridges (Ellet)

Tracy Jordan (Springfield)

De'Andre Brimage (East)

Reggie Corner Jr. (McKinley)

Marquess Callaway (East)

Bubba Arslanian (Aurora)

And I'm also quite sure East's Jemarulin Suggs is on the team even though I don't see him listed here.

I don't believe we've ever had 7 players on this prestigious team before.  TB's cranking it up. :gun:

• Like 3

I never thought I'd be so eager to see the football season come. BBall has left such a sour taste in all of our mouths that I want to turn my attention to football and let coach Groce begin building a better progrum. I have no doubt he will do it, but next year may be tough for us to take. After that I think he will have the progrum rocking.

• Like 2

Saw Dusty Burkhart at a HS track meet tonight.  Ran 100, 4 x 100 relay and long jumped.  Don't know about his hands, but he has speed.  Very quick off start line and maintains velocity through the finish line.  Second in the LJ but nursing his hammy a little.  Plus he's excited to be Zip!  Had a Z hat on and a ZIPS tee on between races.

Edited by ZipsVoice
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

Saw Dusty Burkhart at a HS track meet tonight.  Ran 100, 4 x 100 relay and long jumped.  Don't know about his hands, but he has speed.  Very quick off start line and maintains velocity through the finish line.  Second in the LJ but nursing his hammy a little.  Plus he's excited to be Zip!  Had a Z hat on and a ZIPS tee on between races.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...