O LIne transfer from UM

KentZip

Rutgers, Washington St, Louisville, Illinois all were interested. Maybe he chose Akron because he has a very good shot at starting. I flinch at a kid with this kind of baggage, but he is on a short leash with his probation and maybe he will realize that if he makes one step in the wrong direction he may go to prison. I hope he is a decent kid that made a stupid mistake and the Zips can turn him around. We sure can use a big tackle. I wonder if Funk helped him decide on the Zips.

Edited by UA1987

I think I could live with this lineup based on size, ability, and experience:

Ritz - LT, 6'5" 295, SO

Casimos (if healthy) -  LG, 6'2" 320, JR

Erickson - C, 6'3" 300, JR

Kortokrax - RG, 6'3" 300, JR

Tuley-Tillman - RT. 6"7" 309, JR

With a decent second unit of young developing big talent on the two deep that might see some action or better yet - redshirt   

Edited by UA1987

2 hours ago, akron4ever said:

If only we could get a MLB transfer like last year. That is a position I believe really needs an upgrade, and will be crucial to the D's success.

Rachal has earned his chance to start at the MIKE position. Besides he's one of Dr. Z's favs. I am a little worried if we suffer any injuries at a LB positions though.

Edited by UA1987

• 3 weeks later...

Not worth it's own thread, but another area (Canton) player that is looking to transfer out of the Michigan area is DB Jermaine Edmondson. Wonder if there is interest. 

Jermaine Edmondson, the Michigan State football player at the center of the Draymond Green assault arrest, is no longer part of the Spartan program. In a press release issued Wednesday night, Michigan State announced that Edmondson has requested and been granted a full release to play his final year of eligibility at a different school. The reason cited for Edmonson's transfer is for increased playing time.

15 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

Not worth it's own thread, but another area (Canton) player that is looking to transfer out of the Michigan area is DB Jermaine Edmondson. Wonder if there is interest. 

Jermaine Edmondson, the Michigan State football player at the center of the Draymond Green assault arrest, is no longer part of the Spartan program. In a press release issued Wednesday night, Michigan State announced that Edmondson has requested and been granted a full release to play his final year of eligibility at a different school. The reason cited for Edmonson's transfer is for increased playing time.

i saw that and thought the same. Not sure I'd want a guy as divisive as he appears to be around the program.

23 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

I think Edmondson bringing a lawsuit against Draymond Green for a little bitch slap is preposterous.  It's not like he kicked him in the nuts or anything.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, K92 said:

I think Edmondson bringing a lawsuit against Draymond Green for a little bitch slap is preposterous.  It's not like he kicked him in the nuts or anything.

:lol:

Actually, as always, the magnitude of the "slap" is not why it has become a big deal.  It's all because someone without money was hit by someone with a ton of money.  

No sign of the ex-Michigan lineman on GoZips.com as of today. Rich Kallay, however, has put on 40lbs and is now 6'5" 322. Nice job in the weight room! Bowden wants big lineman and RF Kallay might get some playing time this year.       

Edited by UA1987

7 minutes ago, UA1987 said:

No sign of the Michigan lineman on GoZips.com as of today. Rich Kallay, however, has put on 40lbs and is now 6'5" 322. Nice job in the weight room! Bowden wants big lineman and RF Kallay might get some playing time this year.       

I'm guessing that Tuley-Tillman still needs to be accepted into whatever master's program he is going to pursue. He still has an Akron helmet at the top of his Twitter page, and here is what makes me believe the first part. His tagline: "UMich grad. Masters candidate UA"

1 hour ago, wadszip said:

I'm guessing that Tuley-Tillman still needs to be accepted into whatever master's program he is going to pursue. He still has an Akron helmet at the top of his Twitter page, and here is what makes me believe the first part. His tagline: "UMich grad. Masters candidate UA"

Summer session II starts Monday July 18. Maybe he will enroll then.

6 hours ago, akron4ever said:

He has been working out with the team already. Although Tyreek Hill was too, so that technically doesn't mean anything yet.

Graduate transfers are allowed to participate in summer access without being enrolled in summer school under certain conditions according to NCAA Division I bylaws:

"Incoming four-year transfers may participate in summer access without being enrolled in summer school provided the individual has graduated from the previous institution; has been accepted as a graduate student at the certifying institution; and has signed a written offer of admission and/or financial aid or paid a financial deposit in response to the institution's offer of admission."

What I meant in my previous post was that if he begins classes on Monday, then maybe he will appear on the roster.

Edited by zzx