MAC Media Day

akron4ever

Here is the media release with a link to the virtual media guide. I love how they are putting this together.

GoZips.com media release

If you want to watch media day

"The event will be broadcast live on ESPN3 with the Zips' interviews to air at 1:07 p.m. ET."

On a side note with this, Terry will be interviewed on SiriusXM College Sports Nation Ch 84  on Thursday as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZachTheZip said:

“I believe we’ll be a better offensive line than we were last year,” he said. “I know that we’re better athletically.”

13 hours ago, ZachTheZip said:

Bravo to ABJ! I really enjoyed that article. I found it the perfect pre-media day preview. It talked about some of the issues surrounding the team and used quotes from the coach and general roster information to talk about how Bowden is planning to address them. Keep these type of stories up!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LZIp said:

Zips picked to finish 3rd in the East. BG predicted to win (I don't see that happening this season). Unsurprisingly, WMU picked to win it all.

Hopefully at the season's end, we're in 1st place in the East...like the predicted 3rd place team in the West always ends-up.

22 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Curious to know why any university would waste time putting this info on paper.  Do they still buy their clothes from the Sears Catalog by using a printed order form?  Do they insist on using a paper airline boarding pass?  

Edited by ZZZips

15 minutes ago, ZZZips said:

Curious to know why any university would waste time putting this info on paper.  Do they still buy their clothes from the Sears Catalog by using a printed order form?  Do they insist on using a paper airline boarding pass?  

I'm not sure any of them are on paper anymore. I'm pretty sure that Akron's is fully digital. They just use the style because it is effective and what people are already familiar with.

1 hour ago, UAZippers said:

I'm not sure any of them are on paper anymore. I'm pretty sure that Akron's is fully digital. 

Here is this years.

This is Akron Football – Pages 1-24
Meet the Zips – Pages 25-68
Coaching Staff – Pages 69-90
2015 Season Review – Pages 91-110
Honors & Awards – Pages 111-132
Records – Pages 133-168
Postseason History – Pages 169-186
2016 Opponents – Pages 187-198

As of last year, you could still get a hard copy.

6 hours ago, ZZZips said:

About as useful as the old Yellow Pages book. ?

" I'm pretty sure that Akron's is fully digital."   If this is what you call fully digital in today's world, then their is no need for an Apple watch because I had a Timex digital watch in 1981.  Please help me find the "search"  function on our fully digital media guides.  

9 minutes ago, ZZZips said:

" I'm pretty sure that Akron's is fully digital."   If this is what you call fully digital in today's world, then their is no need for an Apple watch because I had a Timex digital watch in 1981.  Please help me find the "search"  function on our fully digital media guides.  

Since you asked - it's ctrl+f

37 minutes ago, ZZZips said:

33 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

Since you asked - it's ctrl+f

You can also click on that little magnifying glass on the bottom right of the PDF....

I haven't had time to post here about media day. The thing that caught me in a few of Terry's interviews was when he was asked about the losses we had at o-line. He said "the guys here are very athletic and we have depth. This year's line will be better than last years."

Yesterday he was asked about being voted to finish 3rd in the east. He responded by saying in order to be ahead of BG and Ohio than we need to beat BG and Ohio. He went on to say it was never a dream to be voted pre-season coach of the year. You want to be coach of the year when the season is done.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Section210Zip said:

I haven't had time to post here about media day. The thing that caught me in a few of Terry's interviews was when he was asked about the losses we had at o-line. He said "the guys here are very athletic and we have depth. This year's line will be better than last years."

Yesterday he was asked about being voted to finish 3rd in the east. He responded by saying in order to be ahead of BG and Ohio than we need to beat BG and Ohio. He went on to say it was never a dream to be voted pre-season coach of the year. You want to be coach of the year when the season is done.

The comment about the line stuck out to me and validated what I thought I was seeing at the spring game.

Perhaps I should have posted this in the basketball forum, but since this thread exists I'll leave it here. CBS Sports will be carrying 12 football and 12 basketball regular season games and they will air the MAC basketball Men's semi-final and Woman's finals. This will be the 1st time either is broadcasted nationally.

http://www.mac-sports.com/news/2016/7/29/BB_0729164926.aspx

Edited by kreed5120