Game 4—Appalachian State Mountaineers

AppinSC

3 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

I believe it is Ap-uh-Latch-un.

That's right.

Some get upset if we are called Appy State.

So we like to be called App-State, and Ap-uh-latch-un.  

And I have the up-most respect for your program, I saw the schedule this year and knew it was going to be rough the first 4 games.... 

Oh and by the way congrats on upsetting Marshall, most ASU fans love that...

Edited by App90
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Before the Secret Service swooped in and silenced his microphone, I believe Steve French had said Ball's injury looked like a 4-week recovery.  We'll see how it pans out.

Yes, well since Frenchy is a key component of our psy ops disinformation campaign we will see about "4 weeks" ;);)

• Like 1

This is THE game to attend for fans in NE Ohio this weekend. Weather should be great and the game should be hard hitting and full of exciting plays. Both teams are well coached and full of talent. Get that dadgum grill going (winner cooks the largest carcass) prior to the game and FIRE UP! We got a game boys! Welcome App State, let's keep this series going. Maybe there'll even be a sasquatch sighting (App St mascot?).        

Edited by UA1987

23 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

For the most part, it seems as though the App State fan base, media, and coaches are giving us the respect, I think we deserve. I am really looking forward to a great football game! If we are able to pull off a win against App State after the pounding we gave Marshall, people are going to start standing up and taking notice in the football world. It's hard not to be excited about where we are headed, as a progrum.

We have a dadgum good progrum!  Only question I can summon is:  Where's the respect from the national media??  This should be one of the most interesting games coming up on Saturday.  So...What television network is covering the big game??  #ICantFindESPN3OnMyCableSystem  Seriously!  ;) 

1 hour ago, Z.I.P. said:

We have a dadgum good progrum!  Only question I can summon is:  Where's the respect from the national media??  This should be one of the most interesting games coming up on Saturday.  So...What television network is covering the big game??  #ICantFindESPN3OnMyCableSystem

I agree it should be on at least the deuce or the U. Espn3 is only available on the innerwerbs: internet browser or watch ESPN app on android, kindle fire, etc. Actually, I think the video streaming method will ultimately help group of 5 schools that never really got much TV exposure. More and more people are ditching cable and going to streaming services, pushing them into a media format that makes it as easy to turn on the Zips game as it is to watch fOSU

16 minutes ago, zzx said:

Has he been kicked off the team?

3 hours ago, ZachTheZip said:

I know people here used to rag on Akron for reusing that one "energy orb" commercial with Dr Proenza every year, but at least we never put out something like this.

One of my all time favorites. I could never tell if this was humor or serious. Even when the weather is cold cold cold...Appalachian is hot hot hot. Lol!

Don't think it would have hurt Coach Bowden to go the way of PJ Fleck with OSU having a bye week. I suppose I'll take some flack, but one "gripe" I have is that I don't feel the program is marketed enough by him. Coach hasn't tweeted since March.

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2016/09/broncos_coach_invites_wolverin.html

1 hour ago, gozips19 said:

I'm sure someone will start a thread but Brian Bell is out. Arrested for assult. 

I'm wondering where you are getting your news that he is OUT.  That's not what I am getting.  He doesn't even have an arraignment until the 30th.  There will be a small bail that he will have to post, and nothing more will happen until he has a trial scheduled, which won't happen until long after the season is over.  

• Like 1