UA Zips Olympians Commercial

Blue & Gold

So I love this idea and posted a few weeks ago that this is what UA should be doing- highlighting world class things that are happening at UA like track and mens soccer.   But... I don't love this execution.  It feels very ticky tacky-- bad v/o, ham handed copy, too hard a sell... "go for gold at UA" sounds a bit like an ad for a used car dealer.    The idea of highlighting excellence and people that could have gone to many other places but chose UA is great; appending a short term "enroll here now please God enroll quickly please please" subverts that.  It is just this side of "buy one degree and get another for free!"

IMHO, the ad should be a "here's to our Olympians... best of luck from your family at UA... we're with you!"  And then something that says "you can get anywhere in the world by starting your journey at Akron".  Or something like that.       It should be elegant/sophisticated and not sales-y-- little v/o, stirring music, great video...

I like that we are doing it... just wish the execution was better and more aligned with the brand we want to be.   Which is still a 100% improvement over Scarphoon where they were doing things that made no sense and they were doing it badly.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LosAngelesZipFan said:

So I love this idea and posted a few weeks ago that this is what UA should be doing- highlighting world class things that are happening at UA like track and mens soccer.   But... I don't love this execution.  It feels very ticky tacky-- bad v/o, ham handed copy, too hard a sell... "go for gold at UA" sounds a bit like an ad for a used car dealer.    The idea of highlighting excellence and people that could have gone to many other places but chose UA is great; appending a short term "enroll here now please God enroll quickly please please" subverts that.  It is just this side of "buy one degree and get another for free!"

IMHO, the ad should be a "here's to our Olympians... best of luck from your family at UA... we're with you!"  And then something that says "you can get anywhere in the world by starting your journey at Akron".  Or something like that.       It should be elegant/sophisticated and not sales-y-- little v/o, stirring music, great video...

I like that we are doing it... just wish the execution was better and more aligned with the brand we want to be.   Which is still a 100% improvement over Scarphoon where they were doing things that made no sense and they were doing it badly.