Game 2—@Wisconsin Badgers

wadszip

12 minutes ago, ZippyRulz said:

He will get his yards, their TE will get his yards, but I don't think their QB Houston can hurt us too bad throwing downfield; he threw a couple of picks against LSU.

Typical for less experienced QBs to go to TE. I agree with your assessment. He might feel a little bolder to try the long ball against us. I don't remember seeing any stripped balls from or any interceptions last week. We gave been pretty accustomed to both.

College Football Week 2 Predictions: Picking Top 25 Games Against the Spread

...Considering the defense's ability, the Badgers shouldn't have trouble improving to 2-0. However, in the program's last nine home games following a win, Wisconsin has only beaten the over/under twice.

But that's not all. During the last four seasons, 20 of Akron's 29 away games failed to reach the over/under mark.

According to Odds Shark, that number is set at 45. If the trends continue, the Zips stay within 24—unless Wisconsin posts a shutout.

51 minutes ago, akzipper said:

I'm so sick of hearing about Wisconsin and Houston. ESPN is acting like these two teams are headed straight for the National Championship after week 1.

I know.  Ridiculous, right?

Everyone who follows college football knows we'll have to beat the nobodies in the first round of the playoffs before we meet in the championship game.

35 minutes ago, Los Venerables said:

I know.  Ridiculous, right?

Everyone who follows college football knows we'll have to beat the nobodies in the first round of the playoffs before we meet in the championship game.

Maybe we should go troll your board for a while and laugh about how after one big win, Chryst has changed his name to Christ. For the record Bowden 1, Christ 0.

I am not for banning people, but this guy comes here to troll, not discuss. Can we get rid of him?

• Like 1

I don't really mind the trollers (and occasionally you even get good discussion out of them) but it's usually only for a week and if by some miracle the Zips pull off the upset we'll go visit him over at his board. :) 

And he's even using the same name and icon on his boards so props for not trying to hide.  Here's one of his posts so we can go visit if it happens

And I will give them a solid for a nice troll on Buckzip (sorry man it was funny) over there.

Edited by MDZip

9 minutes ago, K92 said:

He has been a breath of fresh air, if you ask me.

Right. I find it humorous that anyone on this board is shocked by a few Wisconsin fans complete lack of respect for our football program. I mean..with all of our big time program transfers and "track stars" we were only beating VMI 26-24 in the fourth. Let me remind you that this is a 2-9 I-AA team that hasn't had a winning record since the 1st year of Reagans 1st term. I would be trolling and making jokes too if I read this forum as an opposing fan from a program like theirs. 

While I hope the VMI game was just a simple case of not giving a crap or showing anything, we need to prove it on the field before we start wanting to ban opposing fans for being smart asses. 

20 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

Sometimes, I find the lack of support and dignity from this board a disgrace. This is one of those times.

Isn't college football supposed to be about fun? Engaging opposing fan bases is part of that as long as you or they aren't jerks about it. Doesn't mean at all that you are not supporting the Zips. I think people who take things like college football (or any sport) too seriously are the real problem.

No mention of the game or the Zips on the Zips' flagship radio station website, WARF 1350 AM ( http://sportsradio1350.iheart.com/ ). How embarrassing, I feel like our new AD is not learning to do a good enough job of begging for exposure. I will give them some credit though and assume they will start the pre-game show before the game, not after as posted on GoZips.com http://www.gozips.com/sports/fball/2016-17/releases/20160906f71eqm

The Big Ten Network will televise the game with Matt Delvin (play-by-play) and Stanley Jackson (analyst), calling the game.

The Zips' radio broadcast will air on the Akron-IMG Sports Network [SportsRadio 1350 AM (WARF) in Akron (flagship), 1420 WHK in Cleveland, 1440 WHKZ in Warren/Youngstown] with Steve French calling the action, Brad Detwiler providing analysis, and Joe Dunn with sideline report. The pregame show starts at 6 p.m. ET. A free audio stream is available at SportsRadio1350.com, iHeart Radio, and TuneIn.com/Akron Zips.

Since the TV broadcast will be on the B10 Network, not ESPN/3, are there any plans for a watch party in Akron?

Edited by ZippyRulz

10 minutes ago, MDZip said:

Isn't college football supposed to be about fun? Engaging opposing fan bases is part of that as long as you or they aren't jerks about it. Doesn't mean at all that you are not supporting the Zips. I think people who take things like college football (or any sport) too seriously are the real problem.

I am all for fun and joking, but this dude is mocking us, and not in a fun loving way - take a look at his comments on his own board. I am not for tolerating that kind of crap.

I am all for fun and joking, but this dude is mocking us, and not in a fun loving way - take a look at his comments on his own board. I am not for tolerating that kind of crap.

I guess freedom of speech doesn't work well with you. He isn't hurting anything. Who cares if he is throwing some jabs?

I'm as big of a zips fan as there is, but I would find this thread comical if I were a Wisconsin fan reading it. 

28 minutes ago, Zipgrad01 said:

I guess freedom of speech doesn't work well with you. He isn't hurting anything. Who cares if he is throwing some jabs?

I'm as big of a zips fan as there is, but I would find this thread comical if I were a Wisconsin fan reading it. 

I love it when people don't understand the freedom of speech. The freedom of speech doesn't mean you can say what you want, where you want, when you want.  And we wonder how we ended up with 8 years of Obama?

I am just sick of fans with the loser mentality. You are the ones who make us comical to other fans.

I find it more comical that they think we have zero chance of beating them. Almost any team can lose to any other team in 1-A football on any given Saturday. I don't think it's too much to ask for that level of basic respect. I don't think anyone here thinks that we will automatically win. To join in their fans in mocking people who think we have a shot, is just embarrassing.

They should be equally embarrassed how one win went to their heads.

51 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

I love it when people don't understand the freedom of speech. The freedom of speech doesn't mean you can say what you want, where you want, when you want.  And we wonder how we ended up with 8 years of Obama?

I am just sick of fans with the loser mentality. You are the ones who make us comical to other fans.

I find it more comical that they think we have zero chance of beating them. Almost any team can lose to any other team in 1-A football on any given Saturday. I don't think it's too much to ask for that level of basic respect. I don't think anyone here thinks that we will automatically win. To join in their fans in mocking people who think we have a shot, is just embarrassing.

They should be equally embarrassed how one win went to their heads.

I know exactly what it means. If he wants to sound like an idiot in your opinion, let him. Banning people because they "offend" you in some way is the sissy approach to the situation.

I don't think anyone thinks we have a zero percent chance of winning, but let's be honest.... We have beaten 1 team with a winning record in the last 3 or 4 years. Beating Wisconsin would be by far the biggest win in program history. Is it impossible? No. Is it as possible as many on here believe? Not a chance in hell. What reason do you have to believe so? Because we have some transfers? Is it our last place recruiting rankings?....because the guys on defense have proven themselves to be a juggernaut to score against? Our one game so far says the contrary. 

I think our history as a program and the the unrealistic spouting makes us comical to other fan bases. I mean seriously... One of our fans had the balls to call them an irrelevant program? i would kill to be so irrelevant. 

Edited by Zipgrad01

4 hours ago, MDZip said:

I don't really mind the trollers (and occasionally you even get good discussion out of them) but it's usually only for a week and if by some miracle the Zips pull off the upset we'll go visit him over at his board. :) 

And he's even using the same name and icon on his boards so props for not trying to hide.  Here's one of his posts so we can go visit if it happens

And I will give them a solid for a nice troll on Buckzip (sorry man it was funny) over there.

That was good. But you have to feel sorry for the guy. He had to live through 59-0. Lol