Georgetown Hoyas

Nervous I am!

Hoyas want revenge for Zips beating them at their place last year.

Zips lack cohesion in the offensive third.  The final pass is not connecting. Zips need Stuart Holthusen to get healthy.

Edited by fknbuflobo
words

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-articles/divison-i-mens-soccer-preview:-aug-26-28_aid39719

top Drawer talks about the akron game and 4 other games.

One encouraging note.  We know that Georgetown's goalie is a first team all american pre season selection.  The encouraging note is that Georgetown's 2 center backs and 2 outside backs from last year....all graduated.

Go, Zips.

• Like 1

My picture went haywire, then died at 35mins.  Sidearm Sports, no me gusta.  So according to gametracker 0-0 near half.  Georgetown has no shots yet.

Edit:  Okay, saw tweet from @WilTrapp that he was watching, and re-booted.  Can see halftime scoreboard now.  Thanks Wil!  lol

Edited by Z.I.P.

Akron 1-0 Georgetown

Very entertaining match between two quality sides. Basically same style of ball from each.

Zips had more of the ball, but not by much. Hoyas had way more possession than Zips usually allow. Both sides had just a few chances. Both keepers wowed the crowd. Zips converted a rebound with 36 seconds remaining. Match could very easily have gone to Georgetown. But Zips earned a result, if not the win.

Embick had no freshman starting. This moved Najem to Forward. (Joke is that everyone at Akron is Midfield.) At the hour mark, Freshman Jon Lewis entered the match like he was shot from a cannon. Najem dropped to Midfield. Whole match changed right there.

• Like 1