VMI Matchup By the Numbers

zipsoutsider

3 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

Here are the stat comparisons for VMI. Obviously, we were playing different levels of competition, but not a game we should mistakenly take too lightly. A reminder of how many penalty yards we racked up, too.

They average a -12 point differential in 1-AA. We should smoke them if we have plans of contending for a MAC title.

• Like 1

I am impressed by the history of VMI. It's interesting that the campus life is considered more austere than the 3 Federal Military Academies.Their graduates can go into the military or civilian life. During the Civil War (War Between The States for Southerners) Stonewall Jackson looked out to his commanders before the battle of Chancellorsville and noticed many VMI graduates. Jackson (who died later that night) was quoted as saying 'the Institute will be heard from today' (this battle was a Confederate victory in which Lee did the unimaginable and divided his army in the presence of a much superior force). I look for a very disciplined football team that will not let down even though the score might not be in their favor. I have not seen their 2 deep, but I would guess they will be out matched in size and speed. Despite my respect for VMI, I'm hoping the Institute is not heard from much in our 1st game, but reaches their potential down the road.      

Edited by UA1987