Game 1—Virginia Military Institute Keydets

K92

I think 48 sounds about right, but I'll go 48-3 :rock: 

Edit: That would be if we let it all hang out.  We may keep our cards close to the vest so we have some surprises up our sleeve for Wisky next week.  If that's the case: 35-3 just running Ball between the tackles. Lol.

Edited by Blue & Gold

59-7

This game is important to Bowden because it sets the tone fir the season and continues to develop the psyche of winning. We might see subs but not before late Q3 and it wouldn't surprise me to see them even later. This is. A great live action chance for the OL to gel. I would love to finally see a kick or punt return for a TD.

29 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

I laughed when corrected himself for mispronouncing Jatavis' name and mentioned he had mispronounced it for 3 years and then later he called Woodson, Woodford or something like that. Foghorn Leghorn, ha!

I heard the Woodford too. That's terrible. 

I just wish wish he could say program instead of progrum. 

Its like Bush with nucular. 

12 minutes ago, Buckzip said:

I heard the Woodford too. That's terrible. 

I just wish wish he could say program instead of progrum. 

Its like Bush with nucular. 

I lived in the south for a couple of years so it doesn't bother me. But, I don't care how he pronounces things as long as he keeps things moving in the fight direction.

I have noticed that there are certain people who struggle with names and he is definitely one of them.

6 hours ago, zippy5 said:

I personally love the progrum 

As do I.  I wouldn't want it any other way.

Bowden's hilarious.  He rambles.  He tells it like it is.  He's self-deprecating.  He's all over the map.  He answers each question with a five-minute answer.  He goes down rabbit trails and eventually ends up back where the questioner began.  He's eccentric.  He's intelligent.  He's enthusiastic & entertaining.  He's committed to Akron.  After around 25 years of FBS football the stars finally aligned for us & brought us Coach Bowden.  

• Like 5

If Wikipedia is to be believed, Bowden graduated  magma cum laude as an undergrad, did some graduate work at Oxford and has a law degree  from FSU. I actually

get irritated when people make assumptions or mock people's dialect, which is exactly what, "progrum" is. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Bowden

Edited by zipsoutsider

23 hours ago, Ham said:

49-0

The D has something to prove.  Look for a shut out.

According to VMI, they have a leader at QB

Edited by lance99
Forgot how to insert YT Video :P