Game 7—Western Michigan Broncos (2016)

skip-zip

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

Recruiting stars never played a factor for me. WMU had a lot of returning talent, namely on defense, on what was a really great team. Akron started the year with a lot of unknowns.

That's a fair point.  TBH, I made the friendly wager off of blind hope...and the observation that usually take a step backwards after losing a coach to another school.  I was thinking Akron would be 8-4...and WMU would be 7-5...I guess I was 1 game off.  

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

This came in todays mail. I always pay my gambling debts. No matter who on this board won the bet, tbe real winner was Zips Athletics. 

20171206_165145.jpg

Hmmmmm, I got that exact same printed piece, and didn't even bet anybody. Weird. 

2 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Me too.

2 hours ago, Dr Z said:

Hmmmmm, I got that exact same printed piece, and didn't even bet anybody. Weird. 

Glad you guys donate to the Z-fund too. I pay by the monthly payment plan on my credit card. It makes it easy to contribute.  I'm sure many on here could easily afford $50-100 a month. You can even designate which sport you would like to support. The majority of my donation goes to basketball.  I would highly suggest that for anyone who wishes to support Zips athletics. It's also a nice tax deduction. 

Edited by Hilltopper
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

Glad you guys donate to the Z-fund too. I pay by the monthly payment plan on my credit card. It makes it easy to contribute.  I'm sure many on here could easily afford $50-100 a month. You can even designate which sport you would like to support. The majority of my donation goes to basketball.  I would highly suggest that for anyone who wishes to support Zips athletics. It's also a nice tax deduction. 

A good number of the season-ticket packages are Z-fund donations.  My Akron-Alumni package ($170) in some part counts as a Z-Fund donation as well, though it's not listed as a "season ticket" purchase, because if gives season tickets to all sports.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/19/2016 at 2:11 PM, zipsoutsider said:

I read an article that indicated a lot of players and people around Michigan laughed at the whole cliché when Fleck first arrived and players admitted that they found the use of the cliché confusing. (Found the article.) It turns out that we did burn it, not break it and it looks like Gildersleeve was the initiator.

http://wwmt.com/sports/content/akrons-symbolic-oar-burning-smashing-blows-up-in-their-face-in-41-0-loss

I saw that last night.  Though I've lifted my entire life, I don't know squat (pun intended) about D-1 level, sport-specific strength and conditioning.  But I could at least tell the players liked Gildersleeve.  I hope Coach Arth has a great hire up his sleeve for Sleeve's replacement, b/c, (along with Otis Mounds & Marcus Wattley), I was thinking we should give Gildersleeve strong consideration for staying on.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I saw that last night.  Though I've lifted my entire life, I don't know squat (pun intended) about D-1 level, sport-specific strength and conditioning.  But I could at least tell the players liked Gildersleeve.  I hope Coach Arth has a great hire up his sleeve for Sleeve's replacement, b/c, (along with Otis Mounds & Marcus Wattley), I was thinking we should give Gildersleeve strong consideration for staying on.

Just in case you missed it

https://twitter.com/chadpearson42

• Thanks 1