Sept 20 Presser

zipsoutsider

10 hours ago, ZachTheZip said:

Thanks for the recap.

Also, I'm not sure I buy the line about Chapman. He's a better option in short yardage situations because of his running ability.

Yea, it seemed like a good strategic move to put Chapman in rather than let Woodson take the hits. Maybe Terry thinks he is fooling someone by saying it was just Woodson needed a rest.

11 hours ago, ZachTheZip said:

Thanks for the recap.

Also, I'm not sure I buy the line about Chapman. He's a better option in short yardage situations because of his running ability.

I said this in another thread, but I really liked seeing Chapman in the "wildcat" formation on short yardage.  And it worked.  Maybe that's our best option this year in that situation.

1 hour ago, Buckzip said:

Yea, it seemed like a good strategic move to put Chapman in rather than let Woodson take the hits. Maybe Terry thinks he is fooling someone by saying it was just Woodson needed a rest.

It's early and it is hard to keep track of exactly how many "carries" Woodson has as sacks count as rushing attempts for QBs in college, but Woodson's appears to be carrying the ball a great deal less this season. In the 11 games he started last season he had 132 (12 per game) "rush attempts". This season he is down to 4.7 "carries" per game.

I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the fact he has more receivers getting open so he doesn't have to do so much himself, but I imagine him having more composure in the pocket and Bowden stressing to him that he needs to keep his eyes downfield and limit his number of hits also plays some sort of factor.

Edited by kreed5120

49 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Woodson's appears to be carrying the ball a great deal less this season.

This relates to his success and maturation as a passer. 

Woodson averages 4.4 yards a carry, while Chapman averages 1.4. Makes sense to me that Tommy needed a breather, rather than to put Travon in to run in place of Tommy. Good for Travon for making the most of that opportunity. 

Note: Coach calling MTB an H back. I love to hear coach call the time of possession stat a relic. 

36 minutes ago, pitside said:

Yes Woody was spent....he went to the locker room with a wet towel on his head as soon as he came out before the half ended...

I hope it was just because of the very extreme weather conditions.  The good news is that we will (likely) not be playing in another game this year in anything close to that kind of heat and humidity.